“Was a nice hotel with a great parking package, but noisy.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop

Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop
Ranked #99 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Edwardsville, Illinois, United States
“Was a nice hotel with a great parking package, but noisy.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Overall this was a nice hotel and the parking package made it a steal (Only ten dollars more for a 35 dollar valet parking). Though I would caution if you are looking to get a good nights sleep before a big interview. I had a professional school interview the next morning, and I barely got any sleep with how noisy it was.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Blake F
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear Blake F,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our "Nice Hotel with a Great Parking Package......". We want to thank you for the feedback because we strive continuously to have a hotel for our guest to enjoy with great experiences when they stay with us. We will be including your comments into our ongoing Service Improvement program so that we can continuously improve our levels of services. We are very sorry about the noise levels here at our hotel. It is an area of opportunity that we continue to address to because we want to ensure our guests have a quiet and excellent stay. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future so that you can continue to experience the exceptional level of service that you come to expect from the Crowne Plaza Hotel brand.

Thank you again for your feedback, and if I can be of any service to you or if you should have any questions, please feel free to contract me directly at 312.829.5000, ext. 2038.

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
FINDLAY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

Just getting ready to check out of this property as I write this review.

Very happy overall with my stay here.

- Hotel was very easy to find off of 90/94, Exit 51D.
- Room was very comfortable and quiet with a nice little balcony allowing for a view of the Sears Tower.
- Doormen and staff were very hospitable and friendly.
- Really like the business center which I am currently using.
- Shower in the room was unique and very nice!

Downers:

- Got Room Service this morning for breakfast. I realize it wasn't going to be cheap, but $3 for a 4 ounce yogurt? C'mon man!

Overall great place to stay and will come back again!

PS -- Make sure to check out Carmichael's Steakhouse on Monroe St -- about a half mile walk. Pricey but nice atmosphere and a free shuttle to United Center.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank CHRIS B
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 16 January 2012
Dear seabass872,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel being a "Nice place to stay in Chicago". We want to thank you for the feedback because we strive continuously to have our hotel positioned as a nice place to stay for our guests when they stay with us. We will include your comments into our ongoing Service Improvement program so that we can continuously improve our levels of services. We will also celebrate your comments with our staff members so they can celebrate your previous stay. We want you to know our travelers' feedback is very important to our staff. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future so that you can continue to experience the exceptional level of service that you come to expect from the Crowne Plaza Hotel brand.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

The Crowne Plaza Metro in Chicago is right on the West Loop and provides amazing views of downtown Chicago, especially the Willis Tower. Everything is just a couple of minutes of walk away; a bus stand, lots of restaurants, other shops/stores. A CTA station is about 5mins away. We got a good deal through priceline and were really happy with the hotel. The only hitch was that there is no self-park in the hotel and the valet parking is too expensive. Atleast the valet directed us to a public pay-parking lot just a block away, which was much cheaper. Did not try out the in-hotel dining, so no comments. The rooms were spacious, neat and well-maintained.

Would definitely recommend if you get a good deal on the price!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 7bharats
Vernon Hills, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I helped my son book an overnight stay at Crowne Plaza hotel. We booked through orbitz.com which I will warn you, does not always give accurate information regarding "rules" around a hotel stay, even when speaking with a person live. Our challenge was to find a nice hotel near United Center as my son who is 20 and his girlfriend had tickets for the Bulls and Hawks games back to back. My son is on a budget and so it was important that there was no high fees for parking. Also since he is 20 we wanted to make sure there were no issues with him checking in. Again, booked through Orbitz who confirmed there were no restrictions on age and also that parking was free. My son arrives at the hotel, calls me very freaked out to find out that first, he has to be 21 to get the room and second, there is only valet parking at a cost of $30 per 24 hours. He handed the phone to the manager, Michael, whom I spoke to and explained the due diligence I did in booking the room, the information received from Orbitz and also that the write up on Orbitz.com listed parking and valet parking indicating there were two options for parking. This situation could have turned out to be a nightmare but Michael exhibited excellent customer service in handling the situation. He asked that I send him an email confirming I would take responsibility for my son and second asked I email the description listed on Orbitz and our reservation regarding no mention of fees with parking. I did both and he not only let my son and his girlfriend get the room, he waived the parking fee for the night. He handled the situation well! My son said the room was great, they ordered room service and learned the hard way how much that cost and had a great night watching the Bulls down the street! Thank you Michael and Crowne Plaza Chicago for making my son's weekend trip wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pmazcomm
rsheltonChicago, Manager at Crowne Plaza Chicago West Loop, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Dear pmazcomm,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our "Excellent Customer Service". We want to thank you for the feedback because of the delicate nature of your sons' stay and how you worked with our staff to ensure we met your needs. We want all of our guests when they come to town to see our sports teams to have memorable experiences when they stay with us. It sounds like your son had one with his Room Service memories. We will be including your comments into our ongoing Service Improvement program so that we can continuously improve our levels of services. We will inform Michael of your feedback and I'm sure he will share in your son's memories and his experiences. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future so that you can continue to experience the exceptional level of service that you come to expect from the Crowne Plaza Hotel brand.

Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I checked into the hotel and was greeted by a Rock Star, Curtis (front desk staff).
He was very Charming, Handsome, KNOWLEDGEABLE, and Well Groomed. I travel so much for work and stay at so many hotels, never before was I greeted and treated with V.I.P treatement. My trip to Chicago was a weekend getaway with my husband. We was at the front desk everyday of our stay because of Curtis. Restaurant recommendations was to die for (RL Bar & Grill, Girl & The Goat, Sunda, & Japonais). We were able to get into all restaurants during prime time dinner hours, which I notice was hard to do on weekends in Chicago. Each restaurant treated us as if we was with Curtis & gave awesome service (free desert at Sunda :). Curtis gave so much information about the city & different shopping areas - Lincoln Park, Wicker Park, Downtown. Checking into the Crowne Plaza Chicago was the best experience. The Hotel is close to everything. Internet is free, Work out room was nice and clean, Coffee and newspaper free everyday. I can't believe all of this for such a great price. I will visit Chicago more and only stay at Crowne Plaza Metro.

Room Tip: Room # 1604
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Samantha S,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your "Great Stay and our Wonderful Staff". We want to thank you for the feedback because we strive continuously to have a hotel for our guest to enjoy with great experiences when they stay with us. We will be including your comments into our ongoing Service Improvement program so that we can continuously improve our levels of services. We are working very hard to ensure all of our staff members our "Rock Stars' so we will ensure we share this information with Curtis so he can celebrate your stay. Our travelers feedback is very important to our staff. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future so that you can continue to experience the exceptional level of service that you come to expect from the Crowne Plaza Hotel brand.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel for two nights for a business trip, and transportation and the biil was taken care of, so price and location were not so much of an issue. This hotel is in Greek town and many very nice restaurants (not all of them are Greek) are very close by. However, it's not very close to the main tourist attractions in downtown Chicago.

The rooms are really nicely appointed--the furniture and decor are very up to date and very tasteful. Also, the rooms have really great desks built into the wall that have plenty of room for spreading out while you are working--I think this was probably the best hotel room desk I've encountered so far. In addition, there is not just free WiFi (which gets really slow in the evening due to all the usage) but also ethernet access (and a cable) which was incredibly useful when WiFi got to be slow. The room was very clean, where even the bedspread did not seem questionable, and the room smelled like fresh laundry. The bed was very comfortable as well.

The bathroom was also very clean and nicely arranged (lots of counter space) but one thing was that the hardware on the adjustable showerhead was either stuck or not operational at some of the joints. so the showerhead had to be pointed in this weird way for you to use it. Otherwise the bathroom was just fine.

One thing about this hotel is that it is very noisy from the highway, especially if you are not used to the traffic. My room was very high up and thus had a great view, but also experienced a lot of highway noise. The noise really is significant, so on the second night I used the earplugs that the hotel supplied, as well as a pillow over my head, and that helped quite a bit.

Other amenities include use of the exercise room which has decent equipment, and also a business center with computers and printers. Also, they give away coffee in the lobby in the morning.

The service in the hotel was excellent, and although I didn't have any problems, they seemed to be very attentive, where even the night manager left a message on the voicemail to let you know who to contact if you needed anything.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear tesseract68,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our "Great Hotel". We want to thank you for the feedback because we strive continuously to have a hotel for our guest to enjoy with great experiences when they stay with us. We will be including your comments into our ongoing Service Improvement program so that we can continuously improve our levels of services. We are immediately addressing the Internet service because we know our guest are travelers and this service is very important to them. We are also sorry about the noise. It is an area of opportunity that we continue to address to because we want to ensure our guests have a quiet and excellent stay. We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you again in the near future so that you can continue to experience the exceptional level of service that you come to expect from the Crowne Plaza Hotel brand.

Tampa, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

This place had a great location; easily walkable to the loop in downtown chicago.It is also just adjacent to Greek town with several eating options within a five minute walk. The room was a decent size and it was very clean and nicely decorated. The hallway was always silent and I can say there was zero street noise, which was minimal even with the sliding balcony door open. We stayed as part of a wedding party, and we also had the reception and a buffet breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. I was pleased with the both the reception offerings and the selection at the restaurant. My one complaint would be the parking. It is like $36 a night and the valet took forever to get our car. There is overnight parking for much less to the south and east of the hotel, so I would suggest parking there and walking to save money.

Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends