Open today: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Big Bus Chicago: Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing Tour by Open-Top Bus

Book in advance
from
C$69.50
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Buckingham Fountain
from C$69.50
from C$58.40
from C$52.77
from C$67.33
3,432 results
All reviews grant park lake michigan city skyline visiting chicago navy pier the bean versailles backdrop benches dusk landmark beauty lakeshore stroll downtown sculptures
Selected filters
Reviewed October 15, 2019

At first look the Buckingham Fountain was spouting like a geyser way up into the air. It then settled down to a more grouped effect. I thought it was beautiful. I understand that the fountain is timed to reach it full height after so many minutes. Someone mentioned at least once every hour but I am not sure how often.

There is symbolism about the sculptures so you might look up on line for the details about the fountain to get a better appreciation of this structure. We had a guide there with us.

Reviewed October 13, 2019

The fountain, located in Grant Park, reminded me of the fountain in Central Park, NY. With the Boston Marathon coming up in a few days, the tents and port-a-potties basically made taking photos difficult.

2  Thank LoriGrg
Reviewed October 13, 2019

South of the Millennium garden the other park area you can easily locate the Buckingham Fountain, in full flow in the summer its worth locating and getting some spray from it, beautiful fountian.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank TeamWard
Reviewed October 12, 2019

This was my first trip to Chicago and while it is a historic fountain, now that I've seen it once I probably wouldn't go out of my way to see it again. I really enjoyed Grant Park and the walk across from the fountain to Lake Michigan. Lovely area.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Andrea H
Reviewed October 10, 2019 via mobile

Whilst in Millennium Park we decided to head over to Buckingham Fountain as we had read about the shows.

There was a lot of work going on within the park to prepare for the Chicago marathon and this did spoil the view of the fountain with the skyline in the background.

Sadly during our visit we didn’t see the show but nonetheless the fountain was impressive.