“Cool”

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #20 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days and It was such a great experience. The breakfast was very thoughtful with healthy choices. Newspaper awaited me every morning, the folks that worked down stairs were very friendly and helpful. They wear these cool hats that make the hotel a place you can't forget. If you do decide to stay at this hotel look for a guy name Greg he was great a ton of help to me and my girlfriend.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ray A
There are newer reviews for Kinzie Hotel

Reviewed 9 April 2012

This was a really nice hotel! Well decorated, super clean, nice touches such as bathrobes, makeup stool and lighted makeup mirror, etc. Convenient continental breakfast available. Some reviewers have complained about there being no place to eat (a large table with coffee urns, pastries, juices, cereals, breads, etc and all the condiments is available in the large elevator area on each floor) but my husband and I found it wonderfully convenient to be able to grab a coffee (or a milk in his case) or our whole breakfast and eat it at our leisure in our room. And best of all, 5:30-7 was Happy Hour with free drinks and wonderful antipasto - olives, cheeses, bruschetta, roasted red peppers. Great location!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank suzanne721
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed at the Hotel Amalfi for three nights to enjoy a quick downtown getaway. Its location is perfect, just North of the River for easy walkability to most downtown and River North sites. The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and the rooms were beautifully decorated. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I can't say enough good things about Amalfi, from the expansive free breakfast each morning, to the extremely generous free FULL BAR reception with light appetizers every evening......I will never stay at any other place again when visiting Chicago. On top of the fact that it is such an easy trip from the airport via the train, and within walking distance of practically everything in downtown Chicago, it is also a very friendly and clean hotel. The rooms are fantastic, the service is awesome, and I think the value is tremendous. They have definitely done it well! I wish they had one in every city!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank waterfreak
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Many thanks for your gracious review! I’m delighted to know you enjoy our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. I’m happy you were able to take advantage of our central location in the River North district with easy access to public transportation and nearby attractions. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Nice location. Love the continental breakfast on each floor. Great bathroom amenities. Parking is very pricey.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m pleased to know you enjoy our complimentary amenities such as our deluxe continental breakfast and our Aveda spa products. While downtown parking costs vary, our $47 rate is within the average of area hotels. We recommend guests consider their driving needs as many self-park garages are nearby for those not needing in-and-out privileges. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Cordially,

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I love the Amalfi..I have been staying there for Business and Personal for a little over 3 years. I have the option to stay at a number of hotels, but I always find myself at the Almalfi! The value is unbelievable...great location, breakfast right on the floor in the morning, drinks at night,WIFI.. LOVE IT!!! The staff really cares about your stay! Last year I checked in and I came down with a cold on the drive in, before I knew it the staff sent up hot tea to help me feel better! This hotel is WONDERFUL!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jill R
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We love this hotel. Whenever we go to Chicago for a weekend we stay at the Amalfi. The location is fab close to Harry Carreys, Rush Street, shopping and all of our favorite spots to visit. Michigan Avenue is a short walk as is downtown. The staff is always ready to make helpful suggestions and make us feel special and welcomed. I recommended the Amalfi to our local Womens group for their last fall venture and they loved it.

Room Tip: All floors have wonderful continental breakfast offerings.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Hursley219
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

What a thoughtful review! We’re delighted to receive such a positive recommendation and thrilled that we are your hotel of choice in Chicago! I’m pleased that you enjoy taking advantage of our central location by visiting all the wonderful spots like Rush Street and Michigan Avenue! Thank you again for taking the time to share your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,