2,735 results
All reviewsamalfi hotelcontinental breakfastyogurtpublic housekinzie streetcocktail hourevening receptionfree happy hourevery morningboutique hotelthe riverdonutshard boiled eggselevator lobbyhouse of blueswithin walking distancebrick wall
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I've always loved the Kinzie for its boutique charm. The quaint, free happy hour was a great first stop before a night out. Breakfast was set up in the elevator lobby on each floor, a home-like walk from the room in a robe and slippers. Now the happy hour is without mixed drinks, just beer & wine. The breakfast has been moved from the elevator lobbies to the 5th floor making it less convenient. Why do hotels eliminate the things that make them unique? Guess I'll have to look for an alternative that isn't looking to go "generic". I hope management reads this and rethinks!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Eric D
Martin B, Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2018

Dear Eric D,

We absolutely appreciate the concerns you have and I can positively assure you that your feedback is reviewed by all management levels and is a topic for discussion. The Kinzie Hotel prides itself on being unique and by providing touches dissimilar to a city that is mainly chained-hotels. We also have to take note of our customer's views. We still enjoy the benefit of being independent and are open to enthusiastically re-imagining and re-inventing the wheel.

We are proud of our happy hour and have enhanced the selection of wines on offer and beers. We have removed the liquor however we have upgraded the wine selection and now we feature rotating local craft brews so there is always something unique. We have also removed the limit on quantity that we used to have for all guests of only two drinks. We hope this helps create enjoyment for our guests.

Sadly, we were finding that the levels of food wastage on a daily basis, with breakfast on each floor, was becoming unsustainable. There were vast quantities of left over items. It was felt that we should consolidate the breakfast onto one floor which also provides our servers more focus to be able to re-stock more often. We still provide the in-room trays and now offer both an in-room dining option and the chance to dine communally.

We can understand the changes made are not for everyone's tastes, but we hope our Kinzie charm can bring you back in the future. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

The hotel itself is very nice. I've stayed there a few times and each time I have enjoyed my stay. But there is one thing that has bothered me each stay, and that is the horrendous view. I think I've gotten the same room each time because I keep getting the same terrible view. Check out the photos attached to this review. How would you like that to be your view? Kinzie Hotel, I'm now talking to you. How can I avoid geting this view again. Please advise because this view is not shared on your web site.

Because I am an ambassador of good will, I will give everyone an awesome tip. The Kinzie Hotel is a short five minute walk away from Blue Chicago (536 N Clark St.) Just go west two blocks on Kinzie to Clark, then north two blocks on Clark. If you are staying at the Kinzie Hotel and not also going to Blue Chicago, you are missing out on something special. It's a small blues music club that may hold a hundred people max, cover is $10 per person, and drinks are not unreasonably priced. Get there by 8:30 on Friday and Saturday.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear GJNGJNGJN,
Thank you for being an ambassador of good will. I will fully agree with you and say that your tip to fellow travellers is awesome. Within walking distance there is so much to see and do, and listen to.
We really appreciate loyalty at the Kinzie Hotel and we would be delighted to help you out on your next visit to find a room location to suit your needs and loyalty. I will provide my direct telephone line and please contact me personally upon your next visit and I will review what we can do for you. Please reach me, Martin at 312.395.9021.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We loved the location and ambiance of this contemporary boutique hotel! The check in was easy. The front desk was friendly and very helpful the entire weekend. Loved the text feature this hotel uses to keep in touch and help us with anything we needed.

The rooms were really clean. I personally loved that they provided a black towel labeled “makeup” for us ladies.

If you like having a bar in your hotel this would be a downside to this hotel but the 5 pm FREE Happy Hour with beer and wine was definitely a bonus. Not having a bar in the hotel was not a big deal for us because we like going out and trying different bars.

I would highly recommend this boutique hotel for a quick weekend to Chicago!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Martin B, Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Dear TrayJaycation,
We are extremely pleased and honoured with your review of our trendy boutique hotel. You mentioned that the staff was very friendly all weekend and we pride ourselves on this. The mobile texting service has become addictive to us all and is an amazing and new way to reach guests more easily and efficiently.
Our black make up towel is a unique Kinzie differentiatior and we are very pleased you noticed this touch and found the rooms to be very clean.
Thank you for enjoying your experience in the Manager's Reception, we offer the best of both worlds, as you can enjoy a beverage with us and then see some of the best bars in the city in our area.
Thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

The Kinzie Hotel has a great location in downtown that makes getting anywhere in the city easy. Above and beyond the location is the clean and comfortable rooms and amazing customer service. I go out of my way to stay at the Kinzie when I travel to Chicago for my business meetings due to consistency, quality, and comfort!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Martin B, Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear awhite76,
Thank you so much for your high rating of the Kinzie Hotel and your excellent traveller feedback. It is extremely pleasing to know that we were incredible in two of the most crucial areas, the service and the cleanliness. We highly appreciate you being loyal to the Kinzie Hotel and for going out of your way to choose us. Thank you again for sharing this great review.

Reviewed August 2, 2018

We had a king-bed corner room, which has windows on two sides. This type of room is worth the extra cost. The front desk staff were very helpful. The wine served at their happy hour was better than what you would normally receive.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Martin B, Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Dear Donald G,
We absolutely love your review and are especially pleased that you mentioned a number of positives. It is amazing to hear that the front desk was very helpful. We are also glad that you enjoyed our improved wine selection at the hotel as we have been working with various samples to improve our offerings. The Corner King room you described features excellent window space and we appreciate you mentioning these details in your review. We hope to see you return soon.