US$182
US$137
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$281/night.

US$168
US$149
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

US$175
US$157
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$288/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$157
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$235/night.

US$301
US$227
Sofitel
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$267/night.

US$160
US$149
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$250/night.

US$153
US$106
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

US$233
Fairmont.com
  • Room Service
US$243
US$210
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$281/night.

US$229
US$165
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$237/night.

All reviewsfull kitchenhome away from homegas grillandersonville neighborhoodguest housewasher and dryersteam showerbedroom apartmentbar romagrocery deliverycomforts of homeextended stayfelt like homewrigley fieldgreat neighborhoodrestaurants and shopspublic transportation
Reviewed May 17, 2017

My husband and I spent three nights at this hotel in late February when we were in Chicago for a wedding. I understand the hotel was built as a condominium but the units were not sold. I think there are 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom units--all with full kitchens. There is no daily housekeeping service unless requested. Our 2-bedroom 2 bath unit was wonderful. I saw one 3-bedroom that had a gas fireplace and a separate dining area. Our unit had eating at a granite bar/island. This is an easy walk to the Andersonville area. Probably a bit further to Wrigley Field (we went by it on the bus into Chicago. There are also metro options to get into downtown Chicago. Lots of restaurants in the area and a large grocery store. The staff was friendly and helpful. Recommend!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2017

Thanks for this awesome review, KathyM67!
We always enjoy being part of family celebrations and so glad you chose to stay with us for the wedding! You're right - our original building was initially designed as condos then we added a whole building to create our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your suite and all its amenities. We love showing guests are part of Chicago with all the local flavor, unique shops and friendly neighborhood businesses. Andersonville is a favorite destination even amongst locals! Thanks for sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back soon...perhaps in a 3 Bedroom Suite next time!

Reviewed May 15, 2017

The rooms were clean and large, good supply of clean linen, temperature control was excellent. Closets with plenty of shelves or hanging space. Kitchen and baths were outstanding, clean, spacious, and with multiple options. Responsive staff. Washer and dryers were of current model and capabilities. The gas grill and fireplace were a welcome feature.

Room Tip: The east side faces a cemetery: quiet. Sound isolation is excellent. West side faced the hotel's parking lot: quiet as well.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Thank you for taking time to post this great review! I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the cleanliness and spaciousness of your suite. My housekeeping team will be delighted to hear this! I'm happy to see you enjoyed the amenities of your suite including the fireplace and gas grill. Both get used a lot in Chicago!
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed May 13, 2017 via mobile

The huge number of fans of The Guesthouse hotel in Chicago will not appreciate me saying it is not the #1 hotel in Chicago in my opinion. Though according to Trip Advisor it is, and so it stands

I thought it was very different, quirky, unusual.

The Guesthouse is located quite a way out of central Chicago is the Andersontown neighbourhood

Our trip was a mix of business and tourism and maybe wasn't ideally situated for us but I'm a big believer in Trip Advisor ratings and we opted to try the Guesthouse instead of the chains and downtown options

We had stayed at the Kimpton in Chicago previously and in hindsight that may have been a better bet for this trip

Anyway, people love The Guesthouse and I can see why, it just wasn't for us

The rooms are like your own apartment - ours had two bedrooms lovely wooden floors washer and drier, kitchen, balcony with a curious view over the cemetery across the street

There is no daily room cleaning - ample towels and sheets are provided but if you are staying a while keep this in mind

I'm not a big fan of taking out my own rubbish if I'm staying in a hotel, there were only two small bathroom bins in the room/apartment so we bought our own rubbish bags

There's no bar or restaurant or anything like that - it's just not that sort of place

The neighbourhood is mixed, interesting enough and seemingly partly gentrified but we went through some rough looking parts of Chicago on the way to the Guesthouse

The oven stove in our room gave off a definite whiff of gas but we just opened the patio balcony door to deal with this

It's quiet (I'm tempted to say as quiet as a grave being across from the cemetery) and interesting enough

We walked a lot around the area and it's a real mixed bag

Getting a taxi was not easy - sure I know everyone has Uber now but I choose not to.

I'm sure The Guesthouse will appeal to its legion of fans. A number #1 rating does not come by chance

It just wasn't for us

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Stephen H

Dear Stephen H

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. The feedback and comments are always appreciated. I’m disappointed we didn’t meet your expectations on your return visit to Chicago, but appreciate you venturing away from downtown to give us a try. We try our best to share as much about our property, location and neighborhood on our website allowing guests the opportunity to learn a bit more about our slice of Chicago. Historic St. Boniface cemetery across the street does offer interesting views and to your point, quiet neighbors; something well appreciated in a busy city. I wish we had known about your housekeeping concerns and the stove while you were with us as we would have certainly addressed this right away. I’m glad you enjoyed the spaciousness of your suite and took some time to explore Andersonville.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest at another time.

Reviewed May 8, 2017

Could not understand why this Hotel has such high ranking. The pros: it's spacious and clean, as in the photos, and the beds are comfortable.

The cons: no housekeeping, no coffee/ tea (apart from one small bag of coffee for trial) as the other TA's comment, no safe deposit box (Front Receptionist said because there's no housekeeping, we wouldn't need one).

What bugged me most was that we were woken up at 6 am in the morning on our 2nd day of stay by heavy footsteps from someone living above us. The heavy footsteps lasted continuously for one whole hour! At 7 am, I decided to send the Hotel a email because there's no telephone in the Apartment. So, unless you have a local phone, you cannot call the Front Desk. The GM was quick to reply at 8 am apologizing and assuring us they'd follow up with this guest.

At 11:30 pm, the same heavy footstep reappeared for another 30 mins.

It was slightly better the following morning. We could still hear the footsteps, but at least they weren't so heavy and didn't last long enough to wake us up completely.

The Hotel is 30 mins from Magnificant Mile. Unless the extra space is that crucial, I will NOT recommend staying at this Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lraep
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2017

Dear Lraep,

Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. Again, I do apologize for any issues that occurred while you were here. While we do our best to enforce our posted quiet hours, occasionally we do have guests who need reminding so everyone can enjoy a restful stay. I am so sorry these guests continued to cause a disturbance. Our front desk is available 24 hours a day and glad to help with any issues or requests including extra coffee, tea and other amenities you may need during your stay. I'm sorry we couldn't offer you a safe deposit box during your stay and we now have portable safes available upon request.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on this occasion and I hope we can welcome you back for another stay in the future.

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here the night the cubs won the World Series. It was a good value for high quality lodgings. Staff were super friendly. Free coffee and nice areas to lounge in. Large room to hold meetings in. There was 2 of us but the suite was spacious and 4 could have stayed without feeling crowded.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paula K

Thanks Paula K! I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us! That certainly was an exciting time and glad we could add to the memory. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I look forward to welcoming you back soon! Go Cubbies!