“Adding our vote to a 5-star experience”

The Guesthouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Looking at the other reviews, we heartily concur - had never been to this part of Chicago before and were looking for a place close to an event we were attending, which was mostly the basis of our choice. But having stayed there, we would choose to go back no matter where we were headed in Chicago. It is beautiful inside, we were upgraded to a 2-bedroom suite that was spacious, well-appointed and really had everything you could want (or if not, could get from the attentive staff). The neighborhood is a few blocks off from the nicest part of N. Clark, but don't let that put you off from a truly special experience.

Room Tip: We highly recommend the suites
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you so much Mary Ann L! We are thrilled to hear we delivered a 5-star experience!
I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and were able to discover a new part of Chicago. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2017

This hotel is just like having your own pied a terre in a different city. It is clean, inviting and has an incredible roof deck. Close enough to the city that it's convenient, but far enough away that you're not overwhelmed. GM Rick and his staff are incredibly gracious and helpful. I wish I knew that a Weber grill was available on the deck of my room rather than ordering from Seamless!

I will absolutely, positively be back to this gem of a property as soon as I can!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thanks for this incredible review! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and discovered a new part of Chicago to call home when visiting! I am blessed to have a great team and so happy they took good care of you. I look forward to welcoming you back soon...your Weber grill awaits!

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We just returned from a four night stay at The Guesthouse. After staying at multiple places downtown while visiting family in Ravenswood, we were very pleased with The Guesthouse's location - particularly easy access to the vibrant Andersonville neighborhood. The rooms are enormous, well-appointed two bed suites including spacious balconies with grills and fully stocked kitchens and a more than adequate living area.

The Guesthouse is particularly suited for families. The staff was very cordial & accommodating.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I am glad you discovered us and found
it to be a convenient place to call home when visiting your family in the neighborhood. I'm happy you enjoyed the amenities of your suite and that our staff took good care of you and your family. Thanks for taking time to post this review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the neighborhood soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We booked the guesthouse hotel on the strength of their TripAdvisor status and because it met our accommodation needs for a family of 4 adults. Initial impression was a bit of uncertainty concerning its location right opposite the cemetery and in amongst the auto body/car repair shops and quite a distance out from the city. Never the less, as recommended by our very friendly and attentive hosts we explored the little village on foot and we found many interesting shops and plenty of restaurant options. We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment and the standard of the accommodation is simply outstanding. I am an attention to detail person and every aspect of the apartment is carefully thought through down to the last detail. The only aspect missing (that I noticed) was a safe which is usually provided standard, (and which could easily be added) for safekeeping of passports and other important documents in order to provide travelers with some peace of mind. We utilized the sofa bed in the lounge as well, and there was even a memory foam topper provided for its use, and our adult daughter who used it said she slept very well. The washer & drier was great as we arrived in Chicago at the end of a week long cross country trip so we were happy to have the use of those. The heating in the room was very efficient. We stayed 2 nights and as mentioned by other reviewers there is no housekeeping during the stay (this can be requested if required) but to be honest with a dishwasher provided as well, this was really not required for such a short stay. We asked for extra coffee and creamer and that was no problem. The information provided in the room concerning restaurants in the area sorted by category was very helpful and we definitely took the suggestions on board and found some outstanding restaurants which we otherwise would never have known about. Lastly when our flight was delayed out of Chicago the management graciously extended our checkout time at the last minute so we could leave a bit later and not have to wait extra hours in the airport. We used uber and that made the commuting part effortless. If suburban living is your choice, I'd definitely recommend you stay here, no hesitation.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2017

Thank you for this great review! To say we became your "home away from home" is such a wonderful compliment and I am so appreciative of all the kinds words. I am glad you enjoyed the amenities of your suite and we able to make it your home while visiting Chicago. I'm happy to see you were able to take some time to explore our Andersonville neighborhood and hopefully discovered some memorable spots to add to your experience here. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and taking time to post this review. I look forward to welcoming you back to Chicago soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Guesthouse is the best of a Hotel and an apartment. We loved the spacious rooms, high ceilings, contemporary design details and full kitchen, washer/dryer. We saw a ball game at Wrigley and had business in Evanston so the location on North Clark/Andersonville was perfect.

Room Tip: No views, select a rom away from North Clark for quiet
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank BonanJ
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thanks BonanJ!
To say you feel at home is such a wonderful compliment! I am so glad you enjoyed the spaciousness and amenities of your suite during your stay with us. Our Andersonville location does make it easy to catch a game at Wrigley then relax and explore one of Chicago's favorite neighborhoods. That's "living like a local!"
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and all the kind words. I look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

My husband and I spent three nights at this hotel in late February when we were in Chicago for a wedding. I understand the hotel was built as a condominium but the units were not sold. I think there are 1-, 2-, and 3-bedroom units--all with full kitchens. There is no daily housekeeping service unless requested. Our 2-bedroom 2 bath unit was wonderful. I saw one 3-bedroom that had a gas fireplace and a separate dining area. Our unit had eating at a granite bar/island. This is an easy walk to the Andersonville area. Probably a bit further to Wrigley Field (we went by it on the bus into Chicago. There are also metro options to get into downtown Chicago. Lots of restaurants in the area and a large grocery store. The staff was friendly and helpful. Recommend!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thanks for this awesome review, KathyM67!
We always enjoy being part of family celebrations and so glad you chose to stay with us for the wedding! You're right - our original building was initially designed as condos then we added a whole building to create our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your suite and all its amenities. We love showing guests are part of Chicago with all the local flavor, unique shops and friendly neighborhood businesses. Andersonville is a favorite destination even amongst locals! Thanks for sharing your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back soon...perhaps in a 3 Bedroom Suite next time!

Reviewed 15 May 2017

The rooms were clean and large, good supply of clean linen, temperature control was excellent. Closets with plenty of shelves or hanging space. Kitchen and baths were outstanding, clean, spacious, and with multiple options. Responsive staff. Washer and dryers were of current model and capabilities. The gas grill and fireplace were a welcome feature.

Room Tip: The east side faces a cemetery: quiet. Sound isolation is excellent. West side faced the hotel's...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thank you for taking time to post this great review! I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the cleanliness and spaciousness of your suite. My housekeeping team will be delighted to hear this! I'm happy to see you enjoyed the amenities of your suite including the fireplace and gas grill. Both get used a lot in Chicago!
Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!