All reviews full kitchen home away from home gas grill andersonville neighborhood washer and dryer steam shower bedroom apartment bar roma grocery delivery private garage traditional hotel wrigley field public transportation wedding weekend a great place to stay restaurants and bars walking distance
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We are from Michigan and visit friends in Chicago many times per year, there is no place we would ever stay! The location cannot be beat, the apartment/condo style rooms make you feel like you never left home!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Thanks so much for this fantastic review! Having guests return is such a great compliment and we are so grateful to have you as our guest. Thanks for sharing your experience and I look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed May 31, 2018 via mobile

This place was absolutely incredible!! Beautifully decorated, fantastic beds and so much room!! We had the 2 bedroom suite and loved the deluxe shower with multiple heads and steamer. We had a garage with opener, BBQ pit on the patio, washer and dryer- simply every amenity you can think of!!

Great staff and beautiful lobby. This was one of our best hotel experiences ever- and we’ve traveled a lot!

Thank you Guesthouse Hotel!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2018

Thanks Ellen W! I greatly appreciate all the kind words and so glad you enjoyed your time with us! Thanks for sharing your experience and taking time to post this wonderful review. I look forward to having you with us again very soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

My sister-in-law, twelve-year-old niece, and I went to Chicago to see Hamilton and do some sight-seeing. I wanted a hotel with space and two bathrooms, a must have for three women! We really hit the jackpot with the Guesthouse! From the minute we walked through the door, I knew we're made the right choice. The lobby is comfortable and classy and the person behind the front desk was so welcoming. The two bedroom, two bath suite we stayed in was amazing. They really thought of everything for guests from the fully equipped kitchen, to the make up mirrors, jewelry dishe on the night stand, super comfortable beds, and fluffy towels. Easy walking distance to the grocery store made it convenient to have fresh fruit and bagels and snacks in the room, so we didn't need to rush out in the mornings. Everyone we met at the hotel was friendly and knowledgeable about the area and Chicago, especially Rick! It was so nice to have a true home away from home to relax in and plan our adventures for each day. I can't imagine how crammed we would have been if we had chosen a hotel in downtown Chicago, and we're would have been miserable with just one bathroom. I can't say enough about this gem. If you are planning a trip to Chicagoland, look no further for a truly exceptional place to stay. I highly recommend The Guesthouse and can't wait to go back with my husband!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2018

Wow! Thanks so much Carrie L! Reading this just made my day! It was such a pleasure meeting you and your family and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for all the kind words and taking time to share your experience. There is a lot more theater to see in Chicago so I look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2018

Stayed here for 4 days on a business trip.
Very comfortable 1 bedroom apartment, well kitted out. Easy walk to good restaurants.
Very helpful and friendly people.
Very comfortable common spaces - library, lounge and meeting/dining room
Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Thanks ShaneH13! Traveling on business can be such a drag so we're so glad we could offer a comfortable place while on the road. Thanks for all the kind words and taking time to share your experience. It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to welcoming you back another time soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2018

The room was fantastic. I want to retire to an apartment or townhouse just like the 3 bedroom deluxe we rented. Hotel was clean, employees were friendly and helpful.
Walking distance to restaurants and shops. Just a great time all around.

Room Tip: The 3 bedroom deluxe balcony faces the sunrise.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Rick_Verkler, General Manager at The Guesthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Thanks Darlene1065! I am so glad you enjoyed everything and appreciate you taking time to share your experience. We'll gladly continue to be your inspiration for your retirement home! Thanks for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to having you back soon!