“A Vegan's Dream Come True”
Review of Chicago Diner

Chicago Diner
Ranked #126 of 9,805 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Chocolate cake, jambalaya, biscuits & gravy: you name it, they do it Vegan. And it's ALL so yummy. It's such a relief to be able to order absolutely anything off the menu and know that's vegan. Fun diner-style, bustling atmosphere, too.

1  Thank BrookeM26

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Great place for the non vegetarian (me) to go with Vegan daughter. We both enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I didn't miss meat at all and my daughter loved everything about this place. A good compromise where we both were happy.

2  Thank sdavis3908
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Chicago diner always has great food! Everything I have ever tried there has been delicious, although it is hard not to always order the same seitan Caesar salad that is wonderful!
It is definitely a must for vegetarians and vegans, but I am a meat eater and still love to go there.

2  Thank rebeccataigar
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Timed the visit for late lunch so it wouldn’t be too busy, didn’t have to wait for a table but the place was still full! Very friendly staff who were happy to offer suggestions on their favourites.

Had the Titanic BLT burger which was fantastic, definitely the best veggie burger I've ever had! Peanut butter choc cake for dessert which I couldn't believe was vegan as it was absolutely fantastic.

Took the L from the Loop to Belmont, was about a 5 minute walk from the station. Nice area of Chicago which I wouldn't have seen if not for the Veggie Diner, definitely worth a wander if you have the time.

Great Value for Money, would recommend to Veggies and Carnivores alike!

3  Thank Laura E
Reviewed 25 January 2012

This place was wonderful! I was in Chicago for the weekend and was looking for gluten free places to eat since I have Celiac disease. This place was great! their menu was extensive, their food fresh and creative and the service was wonderful too! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank Traveler W