“Chicago Diner has some of the best vegan food I've ever found. I make trips from Milwaukee just to eat there.”
Review of Chicago Diner

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 19 November 2007

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Madrid, Spain
“Our favourite veggie restaurant”
Reviewed 18 October 2007

This is exactly the type of veggie restaurant that we look for when we are globetrotting. The food was excellent and plentiful and the mojitos were great. The waiters were great and although it wasn't decorated to the highest standard this all added to the friendly and comfortable atmosphere. The menu was well thought out and most of the dishes could be converted from veggie to vegan if you so desired. And they do takeaway! If I lived in Chicago, I would live on the same street!

1 Thank chezzaMadrid
United States
“An interesting place”
Reviewed 7 September 2007

This place is best described as a vegetarian restaurant trying really really hard to be hip and cool. I'm not sure they really succeed.

The wait staff is young, fun and flirty but completely incompetent. The food sounds great on the menu but the four entrees and three appetizers our party ordered were all mediocre at best.

Overall, being a vegetarian and with a son who is a vegan, this place is what non-vegetarians would imagine it should be.

I suppose if you have never eaten at a vegetarian restaurant or do not get into a city often, this might be a unique place to visit.

Apple Valley, MN
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed 27 December 2005

Our vegan daughter took her carnivore parents to the Chicago Diner. We were anticipating not liking the food. But - we loved it! My husband got a vegan dish and rated it an '8' while I got a vegetarian dish, which was also an '8'. Daughter gave her vegan sandwich and mac and cheez a solid 10.

The place was packed at 6 pm on a Tuesday night, but it is a very small restaurant. We will eat at the Chicago Diner each time we come to Chicago!

1 Thank LyndaMN