“Friendly and upbeat”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: University Village / Little Italy
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

We visited on a Monday night, and the place was busy but there was no wait. The staff was attentive and friendly, and the food was good. We liked the Reuben egg rolls. Sports bar, so TVs everywhere in the bar. Outside and dining room seating was also available. We'd go back!

Reviewed May 18, 2017

We had the Fish & Chips and it was kind of hard, had to removed some of the crust, and then there was not much flavor. I had to go get our waitress a couple of times when we were trying to leave and the place was not that crowded.

Reviewed April 27, 2017

Though Billy Goat's is closer to the United Center, Hawkeye's Bar & Grill is a much nicer gathering place before a hockey or a basketball game. On a game night, it is quite busy and the staff works very hard. We went for lunch and chose each of the different sliders - pork, buffalo chicken, chipotle chicken and Lil' Hawkeyes. Now, in all honesty, I have been around for a long time, and for a brief moment, I thought that "three-bit" sliders was 37 1/2 cents - you know, 2 bits, 4 bits, 6 bits, a dollar. Oh, well, I was wrong and definitely showing my age. The food was tasty, however, which is what counts. There is a lot of atmosphere at Hawkeye's, especially if you are a sports fan.

Reviewed April 1, 2017 via mobile

Went there before Hawks game last night. Food was ok to pretty good....had the pulled pork with a side salad(miniature size). Service was pretty good except for when the check finally came. I put my credit card in the slot and the waitress took it only to return the bill without my card. I told the waitress and she panicked but retraced her steps and came back with it. She had dropped it on the floor..........

Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

Went here twice with colleagues from work. Good selection of beers and enjoyed the Monday special of 35 cent wings. Good burgers too.