2,388 results
All reviews rooftop bar fourth floor front desk great hotel modern hotel river north enjoyed my stay whole foods higher floor the room was nice bed was very comfortable few blocks the magnificent mile michigan ave the loop dolce io
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I booked the Godfrey Hotel using a partner app for a stay last night. Upon checking in they told me they needed to send me to another hotel which was a huge inconvenience and did not have as good reviews. I decided to call the partner app to get this figured out. When I was on the phone with the company, they allowed 4 people to check in.

When I asked about this, their response was: "They booked directly through the hotel and not the partner app, they have priority."

Tommy at the front desk was arrogant, rude, and smug. He was no help and treated me like a second-class citizen.

I understand overbookings happen, but punishing me for using a partner app is wrong and even more importantly, Tommy should have done more to treat me with respect. When asking for the GM's number, he gave me a generic hotel business card. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Matt W
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Went for a Rose tasting on the balcony; stayed for appetizers and drinks. Great location, view, service and experience. We had a larger group and it was the perfect setting for this size and the event we attended. The Lobby is large, and there are two sets of elevators for easy access to the rooftop. (i.e the Godfrey I/O)

Date of stay: January 2018
Randy G, General Manager at The Godfrey Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Hi mindibucks - Thank you for your review and for staying with us recently. We are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay, as well as the tasting on our urban roofscape. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as an add on to our week long trip to Chicago. We also stayed at the Hilton Suites. This hotel has huge standard rooms.
You could put four queen beds in the room, it’s that big. Very modern and very comfortable room. Large tv. Bathrooms are beautiful.
Great location since it’s close enough to all they restaurants and nightlife and also Michigan Av shopping.
Would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2018

Hi tellurideplunge - Thank you for your review and for staying with us recently. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your kind remarks & feedback. We hope to see you again when you return to Chicago. Safe travels.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Pleasantly surprised at the room size. Boutique hotel can often mean tiny room. There was plenty of space for our family of four. Underwhelmed by the gym but it got the job done. Skip the high prices at the bar and hit the happy hour on the corner.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi avalentine - Thank you for your review and for staying with us recently. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we hope you have a nice day.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Overall the Godfrey Hotel is a decent hotel to stay at, they offer reasonable rates and are in a great location. I would have to say of all the hotels I’ve stayed at in Chicago, the rooms here are pretty average and so was their customer service. We went in January and our room was a hot and humid, we were unable to turn down the heat and when we called for them to try and fix it they seemed extremely irritated at us. They couldn’t fix it, so we ended up having to leave the windows open all night, which luckily it wasn’t too cold out that night. They do have a great rooftop bar, IO, they staff there was great and offers the best views of Chicago.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Experience631805

Thank you for your review and for staying with us recently. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and that you were able to experience I|O Godfrey, the indoor-outdoor rooftop. We appreciate your candid feedback about some items not being to standards in the room, such as the temperature control. We will certainly ensure these types for things are checked daily so as not to occur again. Thank you again for visiting us and we hope to see you soon.