“Kitchen shuts down early”

Pizano's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #308 of 10,076 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Gold Coast
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

App says they dont close til two a.m., but i show up at 12:45 and they tell me kitchens closed. Said its because they were slow yet the bar was full plus 4 tables, terrible customer service. Highly DONT recommend

1  Thank bruce p
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First evening out in Chicago and decided to try one of its more famous dishes, Pizza.

Opted for the thin crust and was a little underwhelmed. I guess my main issue was the base, not at all similar to my normal thin crust, very hard and cracker like. The topping was fine and the rest of the experience was excellent. Small, family feel restaurant with sport on the TV and small intimate table dining experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Lived on the area and this city for years. Have loved many a pizza, but this is the best! Small older restaurant, has an excellent deep dish as well as a superb thin crust pizza, good beer and wine. I love this place!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We ordered the Mark's special deep dish and a cheese thin crust and a house salad. The deep dish was a disappointment for me. I did not like the tough, dry, cracker-like crust. I would have preferred a more yeast-based, softer more traditional pizza duogh crust. So, I wouldn't order that again. That being said, I would order the thin crust. It was tasty and the crust was good. Thin but not rock hard cracker like the deep dish. The house salad wasn't anything special. The house Italian dressing was ok-a bit on the sweet side for my taste.
Over, OK place but certainly wasn't a homerun. I probably won't be going back and would only recommend the thin crust.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Good to find a traditional pizza restaurant that wasn't part of a chain; it felt like a real family business.

Picked it as I was walking past and saw a bunch of Chicago PD cops stopping to get dinner - I figured they would know where the food was good.

Friendly service, and traditional deep Chicago pizzas (as well as the thin ones more familiar to everybody else). I tried a deep pan as I'd never had one before: it was incredibly filling and I probably won't repeat that particular experiment, but it tasted great.

Been to Pizano's Pizza & Pasta? Share your experiences!