“Primo Italiano”
Review of Tuscany on Taylor

Tuscany on Taylor
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscany on Taylor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #601 of 10,736 Restaurants in Chicago
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: University Village / Little Italy
Cross street: Morgan
Reviewed March 17, 2015

Great Italian food. Great Service. Great atmosphere. Very authentic Italian restaurant. Looks and feels just like they do in Tuscany. The food, wine, desserts and service can't be beat. Valet parking is a plus.

Reviewed November 17, 2014

We took our entire party of 14 to this place for my Daughters graduation from the Navy. No ONE and I mean no ONE in our party was disappointed with their service or food. Maybe that is because we paid for it, but here's the thing... No one knew we were paying for it until the check arrived. But still, no one had complaints. It was wonderful food, everything from antipasti to secondi. With all of us combined, it seemed like we had everything on the menu. The cocktails were even very good. They had us set up in the back room which was perfect for us. I will have to admit this was not my first choice for this dinner, but I am glad we got it. Make sure you get reservations in Chicago. Any where you go make them well in advance. I wish I could remember our waiters name. He was the only one for our party (14) and did a phenomenal job and should get his own shout out. He keep everyone's water full, didn't bug us to much, and tended to everything we needed. and for that, even though gratuity was included... I gave him more. I couldn't have asked for a better experience for my daughters graduation dinner. Thank You Tuscany.

Reviewed November 3, 2014

We had dinner at this charming restaurant for a special family occasion. We made reservations on a Saturday for a party of eight, just twenty minutes before arriving. We were seated in a quiet corner with a friendly waiter with an Italian accent. When my daughter asked if he was born in Italy, he confessed he was born in Chicago.

The food was delicious. Two of the adults had the specials, pork shank and veal tenderloin, which were fairly expensive, but very good. The rest had soup or one of the delicious salads and pasta dishes. The bread with a made at the table garlic spread (roasted garlic mashed with oil and parmesan cheese added) was so good, everyone who had the pasta had food to take home. Even though they were very busy, they did not rush us, since we wanted to visit for a while. The decorations reminded us of Italy. We had wine, but several tables around us had cocktails.
I understand that many of the waiters have been with the restaurant since it opened.
There is reasonable valet parking, necessary because of the limited street parking.

Reviewed October 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I went to Chicago for a romantic getaway in December. Unfortunately since we visited on a Monday thru Wednesday there really wasn't anything to do, but eat. And eat we did! A friend recommended Tuscany on Taylor & we both agree that it was the highlight of our trip. The fresh pasta is unmatched! We ordered a few different dishes to share so we could do a taste test. The ravioli alla pera with the marscapone cheese, pears, & nuts was absolutely amazing! We were fighting over who got to eat the last ravioli! The next time we are in Chicago... We will be there!!!

Reviewed October 19, 2014 via mobile

Spent the weekend in Chi Town. Needed a fine Italian restaurant for 10 family members for my wife's 70th birthday. Tuscany is what you would want and expect from an Italian restaurant in Chicago. Nice menu, moderate prices, great service , a real gem. Anyone visiting Chi Town looking for gray food, this is a must stop.