“Dinner with my Son”

Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Wicker Park / Bucktown
Description: A Bucktown/Wicker Park original. Best people watching in Chicago. Drinking, Dining, Casual hang-out, Live Music, Weekend DJ Upscale bar food and delightful patio seating. Glass roofed patio allows year 'round outdoor feel.
Reviewed April 24, 2017

The food was really good. Bar and grill atmosphere and it was a little loud if you wanted to have a conversation. This was a Friday night so loud was good. The menu has a nice variety and the process were reasonable. We did not drink but they have a full bar with some craft beers. The service was below average as the waitress was not very attentive or friendly. I would probably try it again if in the area as it could have been an off night for the staff. The food was worth going back for. I had the fajitas and my son had the BBQ pork sandwich. The Hummus is worth coming back for. It was excellent!

Cyril L, Owner at Northside Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2017

Glad you enjoyed it overall, sorry about the service, we will talk with your server to be sure it doesn't happen again, she is usually very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

Saw the bad reviews, tried anyways
Juliana waited on us, great service
Very cool place, great beer selection
Had nachos, and ginger chicken for appetizers, both were excellent
Family had, cheese burger, fish tacos, bratwurst, all very good.

If in area again we would return.

Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

First time i tasted taco on Uzbekistan, and that was not my best impressions. But here in Northside Bar it taste quite different, it tastes good. Beside that, there is good personal

Cyril L, Owner at Northside Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2017

Rustam,
We are glad you liked our tacos, the Baja style with fried whitefish and mango chutney are my favorite but the grilled shrimp tacos are pretty delicious too.

However if you are craving some nice grilled chunks of Shashlik Kebobs, I would say stick with the Uzbeks for that dish. ;-)

Join us in the summer for a nice frozen margarita on our patio.

Thanks,
Cyril

Reviewed August 19, 2016

Beer and bar food, with a great outdoor patio and good customer service. Make sure to have a local brew when in town - not a Bud Light.

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

I have been to Northside Bar & Grill a few times, and haven't been disappointed. The outdoor seating is very cute and trendy, with vines going up the walls and nice little lights. The food is pretty good and the portions are HUGE! Even the non-vegetarians at the table loved the black bean burger. I recommend coming here for a casual bite to eat or drink.