“3 Month Wedding Anniversary/Pre Valentine's Day”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #53 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My huband and I had a wonderful stay. All the hotel employees that we came in contact with were excellent. I made my reservation through Patrick Kennedy, Director of Sales. Through many phone calls and emails between us, he made sure the stay was equal to the five star facilities that you would expect. He was very kind, attentive and went out of his way with an upgraded room and some unexpected surprises in our room (which I wish to keep a secret)! We had a view of Michigan Avenue.I wanted to light the fireplace another added surprise) but we werent quite sure on how to get it started. I do a lot of homework on Oyster and Trip Advisor for their reviews and this is was a great hotel. Thanks so much Patrick and staff for making it a wonderful experience. We will stay again on our 1 year anniversary in January and hopefully in between just for a getaway! Thanks, Sharon & Richard

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view. Wxcellent for special occasions.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon D
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you Sharon and Richard for your very kind words and for your business. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and am grateful you chose us to host your during your special day. I truly hope you come back and visit us again!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Comfortable self-contained apartments with kitchenette in downtown Chicago. Not the best views but on the high floors the feeling is good nonetheless. Elevators can be a tad noisy but otherwise the bed is comfortable and apartment is clean. Included breakfast buffet is generous and has variety for most tastes. Convenient to the Red-line and the loop and convneience stores in the same block. Great steaks and seafood like Moreton's, Smith and Wollensky, and McCormick and Schmick's all within walking distance. Wired and wireless internet is free but dreadfully slow when handling large files. Would come back for another stay.

Room Tip: Rooms from 15 - 24 floors would be nice.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

The staff of the Comfort Suites thanks you for your review. I was happy to learn you found our accomodations comfortable and that you enjoyed our perfect location especially close to Chicago's famous fine dining. I hope to welcome you back, thank you!

Reviewed 8 February 2012

I went on a ladies weekend for a friends birthday. We LOVED the suite. Patrick Kennedy upgraded us to the King Suite with balcony. The room overlooked Michigan ave. toward the John Hancock. I have been to Chicago many times and this is the best place I have stayed. I can not say enough about the suites or the customer service. I don't know why some people complain about the FREE breakfast,it is FREE and in Chicago most hotel charge for breakfast. The same friends i went with, myself and a couple other friends are planning a return trip for my BIG birthday in about a year and we want to stay here. We joke when we talk about it and call it 'our' apartment. We really feel that we have a home away from home there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelingmomofone
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thank you so much. It was a pleasure to read your review and am so glad you enjoy your stays at our hotel so much and that we are your home away from home. We cannot wait to welcome you back for your big birthday!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

This hotel is In a great location and an excellent value. Very clean and perfect for longer stays with stocked kitchenette and laundry right in the bedroom. Unfortunately I was only there for one night, so I couldn't take advantage of the amenities. Quiet room and very comfortable bed. Bathroom was a tad small but really there was nothing bad about this place. It was within walking distance of lots of places to see. Wish I could have stayed longer. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2012
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed our unbeatable location and found value within our hotel. I was happy to read you enjoyed your spacious city center suite and would recommend us. Please visit us again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 2 February 2012

My second visit proved more satisfying than the first. As a choice privileges member, room upgrade with a Marilyn view and early check-in put a big smile on my face. Front desk staff, especially Eileen, were professional, friendly, and helpful. Rooms with sitting areas and kitchenettes make it easy to feel at home but be away...and not make the bed. Keep in mind that the discount tix booth and Trader Joe's are only a few blocks from the Comfort Suites.

Great location....give it a try!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Diane296
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

We so appreciate your repeat business and am glad you find value in our hotel and that our staff is accommodating and helpful, please contact me when returning back!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Very, very happy with our stay here! Paid $72 for a Saturday night and $37 for valet parking. Overall a great value for Michigan Ave. Room was clean and comfortable. We were in room 1205 which was a corner city view room. Had a full kitchenette and W/D. Living area very spacious. Bed was queen with pillowtop, very comfortable. Flat screen tv in both living room and bedroom. Front desk staff was very friendly. Standard continental breakfast. Will definitely return when visiting Chicago again. Highly recommend this place!!!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Kdonze

Thank you for your recommendation. I was happy to read how satisfied you were, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 1 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here Thursday and Friday evening, January 19th and 20th, mainly due to the extermely kind reviews on this site. I was very doubtful that the hotel could provide the level of service and accomodations listed for the incredibly low price. Even if this hotel were not located in downtown Chicago, the price was almost too good to be true. The only down side, as mentioned elsewhere, is that valet parking for two nights cost almost as much as one night stay in the room. Since I had read that in the reviews it did not come as a surprise. Check-in was very smooth, efficient, friendly and quick.
Now to the best part! The room was incredible. Spacious, would be an understatement. With windows overlooking Michigan Avenue and the Chicago River it was nice to look out at the snow storm outside while remaining so comfortable inside. I don't want to be repetetive with what the rooms have to offer other than to say that my scepticism was quickly put to rest. Many apartments have fewer amenities. Washer, dryer, stove/oven, microwave, flat screen TVs (2), separate bedroom,breakfast bar, full table setting for two. Seldom does an establishment live up to its billing, but this one does.
We did manage to make it to a couple of the incredible pizza places that Chicago is justifiably famous for. In the snow on Friday evening we trudged to the Giordano's just a little over a block south of the hotel. The next time I go to Chicago I won't waste any time searching out accomodations; I will plan on going back to the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thank you for your review, I am so glad we beat your expectations and that you enjoyed our staff and unbeatable location. We cannot wait to welcome you back!