“Staff, room, price, and location were amazing!”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #55 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The staff was beyond helpful with with directions, suggestions, and "how to's." The room was amazing and location was perfect. This will be the only hotel we stay in while in Chicago.

• Stayed: February 2012
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

We are so grateful for your review and kind words. I am so glad our staff and location made your Chicago trip a memorable one. Please do visit us again, thank you!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,935)

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I would usually choose to pass on a Comfort Suites property. However, a great rate and the photos of the suites on the hotel's website persuaded me to choose what I thought would be a stylish and attractive "cheap chic" property. I was disappointed.

Yes, the location is superb; the suites are 40% larger than the average hotel room; there is a kitchen and washer/dryer; and they throw in free breakfast and free wifi. However, the suite was smaller than it appeared in photographs and was not attractive. It was pure 2* utilitarian, a full notch down from Hampton and Holiday.

If what you want is function, utility and cleanliness, do choose Comfort Suites Chicago. If staying someplace stylish and attractive is important to you, stay somewhere else. I wish I did. Kudos to the hotel's photographer. Not often does simple function appear to be a silk purse.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Tom2592
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Thank you for your feedback and stay. I am glad you enjoyed our location and amenities. We do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I booked this through an online site based on the price and Tripadvisor reviews. We laughed as we got off the elevator into a very small hallway. We were pleasantly suprised when we entered the room. We had a suite that included refrigerator, range, dishwasher, washer/dryer but most of all the amount of room. It was not your typical city room where you could barely turn around. This had pleanty of room for the sofa sleeper to stretch out. We could also look down onto Michigan Ave. There was an internet connection in the room but since we did not have computers we used the ones in the business center. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FLHTCI
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

I am so glad you were pleasantly surprised with our hotel and you enjoyed our features and location. We cannot wait to welcome you back. Thank you!

Reviewed 16 February 2012

When i booked the hotel , i was having doubt regarding the location,etc. The hotel though located in a bit isolated area has all the facilities for a comfortable stay. The shuttle service provided to the airport and the metro is very useful and convenient. The rooms are reasonably good with necessary facilities.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Robert H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it! We hope to see you back again.

Best Regards,

Robert Humphrey

Reviewed 13 February 2012

My huband and I had a wonderful stay. All the hotel employees that we came in contact with were excellent. I made my reservation through Patrick Kennedy, Director of Sales. Through many phone calls and emails between us, he made sure the stay was equal to the five star facilities that you would expect. He was very kind, attentive and went out of his way with an upgraded room and some unexpected surprises in our room (which I wish to keep a secret)! We had a view of Michigan Avenue.I wanted to light the fireplace another added surprise) but we werent quite sure on how to get it started. I do a lot of homework on Oyster and Trip Advisor for their reviews and this is was a great hotel. Thanks so much Patrick and staff for making it a wonderful experience. We will stay again on our 1 year anniversary in January and hopefully in between just for a getaway! Thanks, Sharon & Richard

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view. Wxcellent for special occasions.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon D
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Thank you Sharon and Richard for your very kind words and for your business. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us and am grateful you chose us to host your during your special day. I truly hope you come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Comfortable self-contained apartments with kitchenette in downtown Chicago. Not the best views but on the high floors the feeling is good nonetheless. Elevators can be a tad noisy but otherwise the bed is comfortable and apartment is clean. Included breakfast buffet is generous and has variety for most tastes. Convenient to the Red-line and the loop and convneience stores in the same block. Great steaks and seafood like Moreton's, Smith and Wollensky, and McCormick and Schmick's all within walking distance. Wired and wireless internet is free but dreadfully slow when handling large files. Would come back for another stay.

Room Tip: Rooms from 15 - 24 floors would be nice.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

The staff of the Comfort Suites thanks you for your review. I was happy to learn you found our accomodations comfortable and that you enjoyed our perfect location especially close to Chicago's famous fine dining. I hope to welcome you back, thank you!

Reviewed 8 February 2012

I went on a ladies weekend for a friends birthday. We LOVED the suite. Patrick Kennedy upgraded us to the King Suite with balcony. The room overlooked Michigan ave. toward the John Hancock. I have been to Chicago many times and this is the best place I have stayed. I can not say enough about the suites or the customer service. I don't know why some people complain about the FREE breakfast,it is FREE and in Chicago most hotel charge for breakfast. The same friends i went with, myself and a couple other friends are planning a return trip for my BIG birthday in about a year and we want to stay here. We joke when we talk about it and call it 'our' apartment. We really feel that we have a home away from home there.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelingmomofone
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thank you so much. It was a pleasure to read your review and am so glad you enjoy your stays at our hotel so much and that we are your home away from home. We cannot wait to welcome you back for your big birthday!