“Phenomenal Food!”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pilsen
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This was a wonderful Latin American Fusion restaurant that blew me away. They were able to use a mixture of traditional ingredients to keep the flavors interesting and keep the taste balanced so it wasn't too odd/ strange. Food was phenomenal!!!

I had about 15 business guests with me setup in the back private room. It was a mixture of individuals from US, Canada, Europe, and Latin America. It was a bit worrisome since the Latin Americans could be some of the hardest critics since they would know what good authentic food was, right?! Despite the different palates in the room, everyone greatly enjoyed the food. One of my Latin American guests came up twice to tell me how good the food was and even stated that one of the appetizers contained an ingredient/ delicacy he had only seen used in his region.

They had a very unique beer selection and the wines were fantastic for ~$30 or less/ bottle. Another lesson that good tasting wines don't have to be super expensive!!

Comments from my guests were that the Chuleton Mixeteco (grilled rib eye) and the vegetarian Polano Chula Vista (stuffed peppers) were tasty dishes

The owner who helped with the arrangments was very flexible with how I wanted to execute the dinner. For our guests, he made a dessert assortment of the flourless chocolate cake, purple yam gelato and a homemade rice pudding. All were delightful and it is hard to say one was better than the other.

There is only one thing I would have done differently...I would have asked for less appetizer and dessert serving for the guests, b/c there was actually sooo much food!! Not a big problem though, b/c I rather folks go home with too much food than not enough.

The dinner package he put together was very reasonably priced and such a great deal with all that they offered.

I would come back and I would recommend it to others. It is definately a gem in the area!

I'm not sure why tripadvisor.com doesn't already have this but see below for their website:

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Each item I ordered was delicious. The Beet Salad was very good and the Chile en Nogado was delicious. But the service tonight was really off. I'll still go back. Friendly service and the chef owner always comes to the table to check on our meal. A gem in Pilsen. Always able to find street parking.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The minute you enter this charming storefront on 18 Street, you know!
Carefully prepared food not overpriced.
The Tiger Shrimp Salad included four large shrimps on lovely greens and
chopped fruits.
A bean soup of the day was a meal in itself.
Do not miss the Peach Sangria!

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We had a groupon to this restaurant but I wasn't very excited about it. My favorite Mexican restaurant is in Pilsen, too. So I had low expectations. But I was completely wrong.
I loved the experience. This restaurant doesn't have traditional Mexican food. It's fusion food very creative and well done.
We had ceviche as appetizer, it was delicious. It had lot's of little shrimps and small pieces of octopus in a bowl made with corn.
Then we had vieiras malagellas and camarones maya, both were excellent. I loved the arucula and apple salad that cames with the vieiras.
I'm not giving ***** because it's a little expensive, the main dishes are more $20.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Promptly seated and the staff was attentive. Drinks and food were served quickly. It was Sunday night and only 4 tables were occupied. The food was tasty and personalized . We asked for a hot sauce and the chef made it exactly to our liking. The red pepper hummus had a kick to it and the best hummus I have had in a while. My husband ordered scallops in lobstr puree and he practically licked his plate when he was done. We had a groupon for it so spend 50 bucks for an 80 bucks meal which was even better. I will definitely go back !