Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
The Langham, Chicago(Chicago)
1,433 results
All reviewsbreakfast hostessgreat locationthe breakfast areafull kitchenriver northevery morningfree breakfastbedroom suitewithin walking distancepool and hot tubparking garagehot breakfastthe sofa bedtop floorhouse of bluesstreet levelyogurt
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

The Residence Inn is in a good location and is a clean and comfortable hotel. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the 21st floor and it was spacious and had everything we needed. The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times.

My only issue was the noise from street level that could be heard on the 21st floor even with double glazed windows. The main culprit of the noise is the fire station just down the road one block. The engines come out regularly with sirens on and then sit on the horn due to traffic not giving way. My advice would be to book elsewhere if you are a light to medium sleeper.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Allison J, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Thank you for your review, Jim! I appreciate your compliments regarding our location, room layout, and customer service. However, I do apologize that you did not have a restful night sleeping due to the noise from the fire trucks. We hope this does not affect a future visit with us!

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

A Residence Inn with all of it's well known attributes conveniently located in the center of Chicago with well kept modern rooms and amenities. When in Chicago every few months this has become my go-to for the reasons mentioned, but more importantly the staff which is fabulous. A special shout-out to two in particular for above & beyond - Ismeda (breakfast) and Julie (front desk). Bonus if you have a chance to become acquainted with either.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank GrizJim33
Allison J, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your wonderful compliments about our property, especially regarding the customer service you received from Ismeta and Julie! We hope you come back to see us again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2018

Clean, Comfortable, Cozy, Convenient. This was an ideal choice. With several bus lines either at the front door or one block away, and the "L" about four blocks away, the whole city is here for you to reach and enjoy.

Room Tip: The bed was very comfortable. Lots of towels in the bath. Excellent shower! But you may have to re-arrange the furniture a bit if two people want light to read and not be on the bed. The room needs another floor lamp, and some higher towel bars.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Allison J, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Thank you for your review, Ron! We appreciate your comments regarding our location, and atmosphere of our property! We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you travel to Chicago!

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

That lovely lady works in the cafeteria, she is awesome, we just love her, she is nice, welcoming, happy and she provides great service . We stayed in this hotel last year around the same time and we returned back this year because of the great service she provided.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank maronounougeo

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your compliments about the service you received during your stay, especially from Ismeta! Thank you for returning to our property and we hope to see you again the next time you visit the Windy City!

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

The staff at this hotel were so awesome, that I had to come back for another stay. I booked a city view studio suite for New Year's Eve weekend and I got a fantastic rate. I called the property a few weeks in advance to request a high floor suite. The front desk agent I spoke with said that she would note my reservation, but they could not guarantee it and I understood that. When I arrived, Jenny checked me in again. She remembered me from my last visit. She remembered that my father passed away the day I checked in and she asked how I was doing. That really touched my heart. She gave me my room keys with two bottles of water and said if there was anything that I needed, to let them know.

When I got up to my suite, I was taken away. Not only did I get a room on the 26th floor (the hotel has 27 floors), but I got a corner city view studio suite!!! The view was breathtaking!!!! I went back downstairs and told them that they really outdid themselves this time. I saw nothing but smiles from everyone at the front desk. I received all of the extras that I requested too. Everyone that I interacted with from the staff was so nice and courteous. The customer service is amazing. When I checked out, Jenny gave me a hug and asked when I was coming back. I told her as soon as I can and once the weather gets warmer. If you are looking for a high floor city view suite, 2603 will not disappoint you. KUDOS TO THE STAFF AT THE RESIDENCE INN RIVER NORTH. JOB WELL DONE!!!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Allison J, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate your warm compliments regarding your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your room, amenities, and our associates, especially Jenny! It sounds like she made your recent stay and previous one a memorable one. We are looking forward to hosting you again the next time you visit Chicago!