Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North
US$134
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$213/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$124
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$214/night.

US$179
US$151
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$232/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$123
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

US$212
US$189
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$222/night.

US$240
US$161
Sofitel
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

US$305
US$249
Thompson Chicago
US$185
US$149
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$221/night.

Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$94
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 52% below average rates

The price you found is 52% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$195/night.

The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$159
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$211/night.

1,431 results
All reviewsbreakfast hostessgreat locationthe breakfast areafull kitchenriver northevery morningfree breakfastbedroom suitewithin walking distancepool and hot tubparking garagehot breakfastthe sofa bedtop floorhouse of bluesstreet levelyogurt
Reviewed January 14, 2018

This was by far one of the worst hotels I've ever walked in. After looking at 3 rooms, all with urine stains on the bed, greasy tables, a filthy lobby, urine on the toilet, crumbs in the crevices of the dining table in the room, and a bug on the table of one of the rooms that had just been cleaned, I asked if I could just cancel my reservation and be gone. It's the last time I trust a Residence Inn by Marriott. I was so disappointed. Looking out the window, I saw the Kinzie Hotel. I called them and they welcomed me to their hotel with clean rooms and wonderful staff. If you stay at this hotel, make sure you pull the covers back and look thoroughly through the room. Stains are there. They will tell you the mattress is sprayed with a solution on urine or whatever stains, but truly, I don't want to sleep on a mattress that's been sprayed with a toxic substance. NEVER AGAIN.

On a side note, the staff at the front desk treated me with the utmost respect. The hotel manager would not come out to talk to me. Hmmm. Red flag. At first she was in a meeting and then they offered to let me out of the reservation. I would say the manager is terrible at customer relations. They told me they couldn't compensate me. I NEVER asked for compensation. I just wanted to cancel my reservation and get the heck out of this hotel. They honored my request. How they rate so high is beyond me. People must not be pulling back the covers. And please Marriott, save your energy writing a response and clean your hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Matt N, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, no trouble at all to respond as our guests are our #1 priority and we do hope that you will become a guest of ours in the future. Your concerns have already been shared with our housekeeping department and I am very sorry that this was your first impression of the hotel. There are times in which a manager is not immediately available due to prior scheduled events, our team is empowered to make the necessary decisions when required and I am happy to see that your encounters with the front desk were pleasant. As you mentioned, the issues you experienced are not typical as referenced by the numerous other reviews, but I again apologize your experience was not similar to those and we would welcome the opportunity to provide you with an improved and satisfactory stay in the future.

Matt Noonan, Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

What an excellent stay I must say! Upon arriving to the hotel, we were warmly greeted by Katie. She was extremely nice and easy to make conversation (my husband loves to chat). She noticed we were from NWI and to our surprise, she is from our home town! After talking for a little bit, she gave us a free upgrade to a suite for the night. We were staying on one of the coldest nights of the year and with 2 small kids. We were out for as long as we could before returning back to the hotel. Katie went out of her way and made hot chocolate for the kids. She also printed up some coloring pages to keep them busy and got us some free drinks to keep US busy! We could not have been more impressed or grateful for her warm hospitality! Thank you Katie!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Allison J, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2018

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding our associates, especially, Katie! It sounds like she made your stay memorable for you and your family. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you visit the Windy City!

Reviewed January 11, 2018

The Residence Inn is an excellent choice if you are looking for a clean and well maintained hotel in the heart of Chicago. I was very impressed with their welcoming and professional staff. It is convenient to several attractions as well as the business district. There are a number of fine restaurants in walking distance and readily available access to taxis, limos, bus lines, and train stations. The river is just two blocks away and a must see if you are in Chicago. It is a main stay when I am in Chicago. Suggest you eat at Harry Carry's which is across the street.

Room Tip: Corner suites are highly recommended especially if you enjoy a view of the streets.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Allison J, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your wonderful compliments regarding our location, maintenance of the hotel and customer service. We hope you choose to stay with us again the next time you visit Chicago!

Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

The Residence Inn is in a good location and is a clean and comfortable hotel. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the 21st floor and it was spacious and had everything we needed. The staff were very friendly and helpful at all times.

My only issue was the noise from street level that could be heard on the 21st floor even with double glazed windows. The main culprit of the noise is the fire station just down the road one block. The engines come out regularly with sirens on and then sit on the horn due to traffic not giving way. My advice would be to book elsewhere if you are a light to medium sleeper.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review, Jim! I appreciate your compliments regarding our location, room layout, and customer service. However, I do apologize that you did not have a restful night sleeping due to the noise from the fire trucks. We hope this does not affect a future visit with us!

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

A Residence Inn with all of it's well known attributes conveniently located in the center of Chicago with well kept modern rooms and amenities. When in Chicago every few months this has become my go-to for the reasons mentioned, but more importantly the staff which is fabulous. A special shout-out to two in particular for above & beyond - Ismeda (breakfast) and Julie (front desk). Bonus if you have a chance to become acquainted with either.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank GrizJim33
Allison J, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Downtown/River North, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate your wonderful compliments about our property, especially regarding the customer service you received from Ismeta and Julie! We hope you come back to see us again soon!