“Great Place to stay in Chicago. Great Restaurants & Stores nearby. Train station 3 blocks away.”
Review of Days Inn Chicago

Days Inn Chicago
Ranked #88 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Clean rooms, Friendly staff, Great location. You don't need a car, you can walk to stores, restaurants, and downtown just a 5 min train ride away. Put this on my list of a favorite place to stay in Chicago.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Raul M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This is a lovely hotel in a great part of the city! We walked for blocks in every direction and loved watching the people. The hotel is in great shape! The beds were very comfortable. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank W B
Eskilstuna, Sweden
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Great hotel with friendly staff at the desk, gave us a lot of advice what to do in the neighborhood. Close by a "L"-station or 151 bus for going downtow. Lots of shops, bars and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dalmas4U
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Days Inn Chicago for two nights while on a road trip from Pittsburgh. I read the reviews online first and decided this was a good choice and I am glad i chose this one. The hotel is in Lincoln Park, which is a great neighborhood to walk around in and relax. Most importantly the hotel is close to the elevated train line, the brown line i believe and at least 3 bus routes to downtown run right in front of the hotel.

I booked through Wyndham because i am a Wyndham employee but i would pay full price for this room. The manager who helped me, Neil was very friendly and upgraded us to a gigantic bed on the 4th floor. The room was very clean and the room even included a fridge and microwave.

The stay included a continental breakfast which was sufficient for starting the day. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a nice hotel in a great area close to downtown. Note: parking in Lincoln Park is not free and street parking is metered. The two choices are valet for $22 a night or park in the garage for $22 a night. I chose the garage but valet looked capable.

Room Tip: Stayed on the fourth floor which i believe was a business room, it had a large roomy bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pat T
Huntsville
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We really enjoyed this hotel for 5 nights. We opted for this Hotel about 4 miles from the loop because we wanted a place with good restaurants nearby and a feel of small town. The hotel is well situated and the area that you pass through on the way to the loop is very nice.

The lobby is first class as are the desk clerks and bell hops. The maids are hard to communicate with. I understand that they are Polish and do not read or speak English for the most part. The beds are very comfortable and once my wife got the duvet covers made up correctly we had no other problems with the maids. The room is somewhat small but adequate. It had a small refrigerator and microwave. The toilet was installed on a raised 2 inch block that was a toe thumper. Every time you turned around you were hitting a toe on one side or the other.. A very negative point was a severe safety problem due to a lack of any handhold in the shower. If you loose your balance you are a goner. Another needed improvement were the towels and wash cloths which felt like scrub brushes. My wife thought that they would be improved by a fabric softener but I think it was poor quality. In spite of these two things I am glad that we stayed here. There was a nice grocery across the street and a Panera Bread a few doors away.

We parked the car for $23 a night through the hotel and used bus and train. We bought a 7 day Transit pass and used 3 bus lines at the nearest corner. One of them took us directly to the loop area and returned us (Line 22). The Chicago Transit System is very good and many drivers (with one exception) were very friendly and helpful. Due to circumstances of our doing we had to use taxis 3 times and found them expensive.

Two of the taxis were to and from the Apollo Theater that was near by and running The Million Dollar Quartet. It has been running since December 2010 and may run until December 2012. Very enjoyable and we ate great Chicago deep dish pizza at Lou Malenati’s across the street from the theater.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank FloridaGator086
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I wasn't sure we'd like being out of the downtown area while visiting Chicago. We have found this hotel to be very convenient to transit into the city proper as well as a short walk from Lincoln Park. The neighborhood is safe and friendly; lots of small shops and restaurants. The desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room has been immaculately cleaned each day and was sparkling when we arrived. The TV is not a plasma or led, but we didn't come here to watch television. Everyone from the door man to housekeeping staff have been welcoming. If I come back to Chicago, I'll plan to stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The place was clean and all the staff was very friendly and for the most part helpful (one staff member, valet, sent me in the wrong direction at one point. Breakfast was what you would expect from continental. But rooms were small and the TV (room 304) was not HD (and at times with static that in this day you don't usually see) as my friend down the hall was. They should probably update all rooms. There definitely was street noise but it is Chicago. In the future, I would stay at a multi-story hotel and stay towards the top. Overall the hotel is very basic- no pool or gym. But we didn't spend a lot of time there so I guess that was ok (although I would've had time to work out if there was a gym). I probably would not stay there again but for the price, not bad. One last thing, the mattress and pillows were hard. Between the street noise and that, didn't get restful sleep at all while there.

Room Tip: I guess maybe a room facing the alley. Not a good view but quieter.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family