10 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$127
PricelineUS$127
Expedia.comUS$127
Hotels.comUS$127
eDreamsUS$127
HurbUS$175
9,616 results
All reviews west tower big bar the river navy pier huge hotel convention hotel wacker drive millennium park the magnificent mile michigan ave mini bar location is great valet parking the loop art institute fitness center few blocks
Selected filters
Reviewed November 25, 2020

Based there for 4 nights during a conference.

Con:
- No use of the refrigerator as it is for hotel provided drinks only. Prices are unreasonable.
- Thin walls: you can follow conversations, TV, etc from the room next to you!
- At check out the staff wanted to charge water from the refrigerator which I did not use at all. But the employee was very firm until I told him he should inform me on what day I took water ..... This should not be a guess work from the employees.

Pro:
- Exceptionally well equipped gym and well maintained too. Guest have 24/7 access and small towels and water is being provided.
- Large rooms and great bed sheets.
- Bathroom was well stocked up with shower gel, etc.
- Great location beside the river and easy access for a morning river walk / run.

Due to the thin walls I will not recommend this to anyone sensitive to noise.

Room tip: Thin walls ..... you can follow up conversation from room next to you.
Date of stay: June 2020
Reviewed November 17, 2020

The hotel is extremely clean. The staff are lovely. The rooms have such an amazing view. You will
Not regret staying here. The hotel is located near many restaurants. There is a cvs right around the corner. On the lower level there is a Dunkin Donuts and other stores.

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed November 14, 2020

I understand the current safety concerns and precautionary measures being taken but when you book a room with a view you expect not to have toilet issues or a rambling elevator shaft that’s disruptive throughout your stay.

Date of stay: November 2020
Management response:Responded November 16, 2020

Hello augusto23jr,

I am sorry to hear that you had these issues during your stay. We hope to provide each guest with an exceptional experience and it certainly sounds like we fell short here. We hope this will not deter you from staying with us in the future. Should your travels bring you back to Chicago, please reach out to us directly at chicago.regency@hyatt.com so we can personally ensure you have a great experience.

Reviewed October 29, 2020

Very clean & comfortable time here at the Hyatt Regency. The staff is super friendly & helpful. The city & river views are outstanding. I'd definitely recommend staying here the next time you are in Chicago!

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank johnstonrealestate1
Patricia Kanke, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2020

Thank you so much for your review of Hyatt Regency Chicago! I'm so glad to hear you had a great stay and hope we can welcome you back to the Windy City again sometime soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2020 via mobile

This isn’t our first time staying here, but it is since the pandemic. I was a little worried about what to expect, but all went well. Fitness center and bar restaurant is open. No valet aprking. Pretty limited menu at the restaurant but we ordered out mostly so that made no difference.

Zach was super in supportive of our requests. There were a few missteps but it was quickly remedied. Vladan from housekeeping did a great job handling our upkeep request. I wish the rooms were updated a bit. Both fridges need defrosting and had tons of frost buildup. Several plugs were not functioning in that it was too loose to hold a plug to charge your phone bedside.

Security was good in that it checked to make sure all people entering the hotel were guests. That was great. I wish they would enforce the wearing of facemasks more consistently with guests. It seems some Hyatt staff were afraid of telling certain guests to put on a facemask for fear of retaliation. My opinion, of course, but saw this several times.

We will be back over the holidays. I highly recommend the skyline suite in the West tower.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank WinGlobal88
Patricia Kanke, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2020

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I'm so sorry that you saw guests without facemasks - we do require everyone to wear them and I'm confident this was overlooked by our staff as we do ask guests to wear them at all times in public areas. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel over the holidays! Stay safe!