“Wonderful Location, really great rooms.”
Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

Park Hyatt Chicago
Ranked #15 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I really enjoyed this place. The service was wonderful, and it's right on Michigan Ave. Awesome location and the rooms were so clean and the bathroom was super, super nice. Whether it is a romantic getaway or business trip or anything, it is definitely a great place to stay. I also had dinner with my boyfriend at NoMI (which stands for North Michigan and not a Japanese restaurant lol), and the service was so perfect.

I have no complaints at all. I do have one tip, if you have a federal ID the rate of the hotel is about 4 times less. Take advantage of it!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MM_Time
Write a ReviewReviews (1,741)

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spend our anniversary every year in Chicago and switch up where we stay. This past December we stayed at the Park Hyatt and found it to be so relaxing and heavenly. We loved the huge cushioned window seat that looked out over Michigan Avenue and straight at the lake. We sat there numerous times leaning against throw pillows gazing at the crowds of people walking and all the car traffic. The staff was top notch from the doormen, bell hops, front desk and housekeeping. The room was more than large enough with beautiful bedding. We loved the bathroom. It had a very large soaking tub that fit both of us (my husband is taller and a big guy, I am short but very large). We could sit in it and look out our window because they had doors that slid open to look into the room. They also provided tea candles in a large wooden base & provided matches to light. The glass enclosed shower was very relaxing. It also had double sinks which was great when we were both getting ready to go out to eat,etc. We will definitely stay at the Park Hyatt for our next stay in the city. The only negative comment would be that there isn't a "grand" type of lobby like they have at the Drake, Ritz Cartlton or The Four Seasons.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Great location, wonderful room, fantastic food. Simply put - one of my favorite hotels in the US (and I get around).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Great location. Rooms are beautiful. Perfect. Everything you can imagine. Amenities are great - cool restaurants, workout room great. Pool is sleek and nice. Location is perfect and accessible to everything.

Room Tip: corner room
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank marie c
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Legit 5 star hotel. Great rooms, great location, great service, real good food. Think this is my new favorite hotel in Chicago.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Stayed here for a short business trip and found the staff to be extremely friendly and willing to attend to your every need. It has a very modern vibe and the rooms are clean and well appointed with granite baths, one touch shades, and comfy beds. Was placed on a smoking floor and they moved me as soon as I asked for a change. I asked for a bottle of bubble bath and returned from dinner to find a full bath drawn for me--now that's service. Excellent location on Magnificent Mile and walking distance to everything.

I would have given it 5 stars, but due to time constraints I did not experience Nomi restaurant, the spa or the fitness center. Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I've stayed at the Park Hyatt in Chicago a few times and have always had an excellent time there. The rooms are contemporary and elegant. The service is always helpful and effective. I would like to live here! The hotel is located in a perfect place - access to Michigan Avennue, Rush Street and the loop. They have a great spa too!.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple