Park Hyatt Chicago
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$317
US$373
US$342
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$197
US$186
US$167
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$534
US$447
Travelocity
1,796 results
All reviewswater towernomi restaurantbath saltswindow seathuge tubmichigan avenuelake viewseparate showersoaking tubfive star hotelsteam roomroom servicethe magnificent mileperfect locationrooms are beautifulturn down servicefour seasons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Never having great expectations for large chain hotels, my husband I were blown away by the small touches that made the Park Hyatt Chicago feel more like an elegant boutique experience. Comfortable but high tech rooms, superb and innovative restaurant (Nomi), warm and truly friendly service, and BMW limo for in-city transport: we couldn't imagine a better welcome in a large city.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the Old Water Tower
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Margiesanfrancisco11
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel while attending a convention in Chicago. It was a wonderful stay. The hotel is gorgeous--contemporary in style but not spare or cold. The front desk could not have been more welcoming or helpful. I had a room without much of a view (I could have paid a little more and had a view but chose not to) but the interior and its amenities made up for it. The room had an enormous bathtub that you could lie in and watch TV. There were fresh apples every day and the NY Times was delivered to the door for free. WiFi was also free and the internet service was fast. Each night, you could also go down to the lobby and have a free cappuccino. I used the hotel's gym and it was state-of-the-art. The lap pool and whirlpool looked inviting but I didn't try it out. All this and being situated on the "magnificent mile" made this a noteworthy stay. I am looking forward to a return some day.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank tthecht
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We traveled to Chicago for the first weekend of our Spring Break and found the location of the Park Hyatt to be perfect. We reserved in advance and were able to take advantage of the military discount which saved us signifcantly. While on Michigan Avenue we were very close the Amercian Girl Store, Hollister, J Crew, Crate & Barrel, Aeropostale and many more shops. The hotel was great for dropping off packages while we wnt on our way. All staff made us feel welcome and seemed to recognize us. While traveling "economically" we sometimes find a bigger room, but never one with a better location. While they don't offer a full breakfast in the morning, the coffee bar is quite delux and will certainly hold you over until brunch! We also found that the coffee bar area was open when we returned later in the day and we grabbed a soda and apple cider. Definitely a place we would like to return to! We did here many emergency vehicles through the night, but we are accustomed to sleeping in a quite environment.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which did not have a view from the tub but seemed rather large, we had a great view from the 13th floor!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank KentuckyDerbyGirl270
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had to spend some time in Chicago for a quick business trip - it was my wedding anniversary and nice to have a little luxury on the day despite traveling solo for business. Every single, teeny weeny detail was spectacular - including the roses they had in my room and a nice follow up phone call to wish me a happy anniversary (as pre-arranged by my husband). The room was spectacular - bedding, towels, bath tub, toiletries, space, desk, etc. were all first class. The restaurant and bar area were perfect for the multiple business meetings that I had and the location could not have been more convenient. It's so worth every dollar - stay here if you can!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank NonaKim
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I really enjoyed this place. The service was wonderful, and it's right on Michigan Ave. Awesome location and the rooms were so clean and the bathroom was super, super nice. Whether it is a romantic getaway or business trip or anything, it is definitely a great place to stay. I also had dinner with my boyfriend at NoMI (which stands for North Michigan and not a Japanese restaurant lol), and the service was so perfect.

I have no complaints at all. I do have one tip, if you have a federal ID the rate of the hotel is about 4 times less. Take advantage of it!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business