“Everything I ever expected and more”
Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

Park Hyatt Chicago
Ranked #9 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Chicago
“Everything I ever expected and more”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I lived in Chicago most of my life befor moving to LA. I used to live down the street in Streeterville but always thought the Park Hyatt was an amazing hotel in the perfect location on Michigan and Chicago Ave. I'd been to the restaurant Nomi pre-renovation and the lounge and both were great. Anyhow I'd never been able to stay there but my girlfriend interviewed for school recently and I went with her and we stayed here. Best of all was the significant federal government discount if you're eligible! Brings the rate from 400 down to 130. Anyhow so that was great.
-Room: One of the best I've ever stayed in. Awesome bed, awesome bathroom and jacuzzi. Peaceful with pristine views of Chicago. Perfect size for a couple to stay in. Room service food was great. Great great desk to do work on if you are on business.
-Service: A+. We asked for a sewing kit and they brought it right up. I also asked if I could check out a little late and they let me leave at 4 pm, which was about 4 hours after the checkout!
-Location: Another A+. Knowing Chicago well, this is the nicest part of Chicago right in the middle of the magnificent mile. It's not far from the lake either, and the perfect place to stay for a visitor.
-NomI: The restaurant here. It overlooks Michigan Ave and has great food. They renovated recently and kept a lot of the old menu items and I loved it.

I loved this place and will definitely be back the next time I am in Chicago. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I had a choice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank jpark10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Never having great expectations for large chain hotels, my husband I were blown away by the small touches that made the Park Hyatt Chicago feel more like an elegant boutique experience. Comfortable but high tech rooms, superb and innovative restaurant (Nomi), warm and truly friendly service, and BMW limo for in-city transport: we couldn't imagine a better welcome in a large city.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the Old Water Tower
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Margiesanfrancisco11
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel while attending a convention in Chicago. It was a wonderful stay. The hotel is gorgeous--contemporary in style but not spare or cold. The front desk could not have been more welcoming or helpful. I had a room without much of a view (I could have paid a little more and had a view but chose not to) but the interior and its amenities made up for it. The room had an enormous bathtub that you could lie in and watch TV. There were fresh apples every day and the NY Times was delivered to the door for free. WiFi was also free and the internet service was fast. Each night, you could also go down to the lobby and have a free cappuccino. I used the hotel's gym and it was state-of-the-art. The lap pool and whirlpool looked inviting but I didn't try it out. All this and being situated on the "magnificent mile" made this a noteworthy stay. I am looking forward to a return some day.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tthecht
Brandenburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We traveled to Chicago for the first weekend of our Spring Break and found the location of the Park Hyatt to be perfect. We reserved in advance and were able to take advantage of the military discount which saved us signifcantly. While on Michigan Avenue we were very close the Amercian Girl Store, Hollister, J Crew, Crate & Barrel, Aeropostale and many more shops. The hotel was great for dropping off packages while we wnt on our way. All staff made us feel welcome and seemed to recognize us. While traveling "economically" we sometimes find a bigger room, but never one with a better location. While they don't offer a full breakfast in the morning, the coffee bar is quite delux and will certainly hold you over until brunch! We also found that the coffee bar area was open when we returned later in the day and we grabbed a soda and apple cider. Definitely a place we would like to return to! We did here many emergency vehicles through the night, but we are accustomed to sleeping in a quite environment.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which did not have a view from the tub but seemed rather large, we had a great...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank KentuckyDerbyGirl270
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had to spend some time in Chicago for a quick business trip - it was my wedding anniversary and nice to have a little luxury on the day despite traveling solo for business. Every single, teeny weeny detail was spectacular - including the roses they had in my room and a nice follow up phone call to wish me a happy anniversary (as pre-arranged by my husband). The room was spectacular - bedding, towels, bath tub, toiletries, space, desk, etc. were all first class. The restaurant and bar area were perfect for the multiple business meetings that I had and the location could not have been more convenient. It's so worth every dollar - stay here if you can!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank NonaKim
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I really enjoyed this place. The service was wonderful, and it's right on Michigan Ave. Awesome location and the rooms were so clean and the bathroom was super, super nice. Whether it is a romantic getaway or business trip or anything, it is definitely a great place to stay. I also had dinner with my boyfriend at NoMI (which stands for North Michigan and not a Japanese restaurant lol), and the service was so perfect.

I have no complaints at all. I do have one tip, if you have a federal ID the rate of the hotel is about 4 times less. Take advantage of it!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MM_Time
Chicago
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We spend our anniversary every year in Chicago and switch up where we stay. This past December we stayed at the Park Hyatt and found it to be so relaxing and heavenly. We loved the huge cushioned window seat that looked out over Michigan Avenue and straight at the lake. We sat there numerous times leaning against throw pillows gazing at the crowds of people walking and all the car traffic. The staff was top notch from the doormen, bell hops, front desk and housekeeping. The room was more than large enough with beautiful bedding. We loved the bathroom. It had a very large soaking tub that fit both of us (my husband is taller and a big guy, I am short but very large). We could sit in it and look out our window because they had doors that slid open to look into the room. They also provided tea candles in a large wooden base & provided matches to light. The glass enclosed shower was very relaxing. It also had double sinks which was great when we were both getting ready to go out to eat,etc. We will definitely stay at the Park Hyatt for our next stay in the city. The only negative comment would be that there isn't a "grand" type of lobby like they have at the Drake, Ritz Cartlton or The Four Seasons.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple