“First class hotel and staff”
Review of Park Hyatt Chicago

Park Hyatt Chicago
Ranked #8 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
“First class hotel and staff”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Park Hyatt in Chicago competes among an elite group of hotels including Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, and the Peninsula. It stands up well to the comparison. The staff is outstanding including catering, housekeeping and front desk. The rooms are somewhat larger than the typical Chicago hotel, and are very modern with bedside controls for window coverings and lighting. The bathrooms are large with top of the line finishes and amenities. If you are looking for a first class hotel experience in downtown Chicago, the Park Hyatt is worth a look.

1 Thank Atlrich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reno
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We love Chicago and being a Gold Passport Member, we were very excited to be at the Park Hyatt. We had come from the Hyatt Regency Chicago after a free 3 night stay with some Choice Certificates. And although they Hyatt Regency has a great location and beautiful atrium, the rooms are less than desirable to say the least. So we were more than ready to stay at the Park Hyatt for some luxury.

First the cons:
Well, we have always felt we are treated well by Hyatt reception, so when we arrived at the Park Hyatt, I expected above and beyond -- more like when we go to the Ritz Carlton. The man checking us in was very short with me, gave me my room number and that was about it. Not very welcoming to say the least.

The only other downside was the smell in the hotel,especially in the elevators. I think that there might be some smoking rooms, so they might be trying to cover the smell with a perfume type scent which almost makes it worse. We were in a non smoking room, so the room was just fine. I would recommend making this a non smoking room and making a spa type smell for the whole hotel. We are from Nevada, so we are used to the casino type smoky smell. Just doesn't go with this hotel!

Pros:
Beautiful room and amazing bathroom!!! So big, separate toilet and shower and bathtub separated out, very unique and exquisite! The Le Labo Neroli 36 bath products are amazing (I am trying to hunt down the shampoo and conditioner as we speak!).

NoMi Restaurant is wonderful and delicious. We had our 3 young boys with us, and they were very accommodating with a children's menu and didn't treat us like we were a bother at all. Our boys were on their best behavior thank goodness, and we got a lot of compliments from the other patrons which was very nice. Beautiful view, and they put us at an amazing table. Thank you! The food was quite was delicious!

Great location right in the heart of Michigan Avenue Shopping.

My husband and I come to Chicago every fall, and we will definitely stay here again in the future. The unfortunate encounter in the beginning was hopefully a fluke as I have read other reviews with much better experiences. Every other person at the front desk were very nice and very helpful throughout the rest of our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank hracq
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 18 April 2012 via mobile

Very comfortable room. No coffee maker in room. This hotel (like many) has gone to beds with duvet covers but no top sheet (why???). Good service, large workout facility, nice view of lake.

Stayed April 2012
Chicago
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I lived in Chicago most of my life befor moving to LA. I used to live down the street in Streeterville but always thought the Park Hyatt was an amazing hotel in the perfect location on Michigan and Chicago Ave. I'd been to the restaurant Nomi pre-renovation and the lounge and both were great. Anyhow I'd never been able to stay there but my girlfriend interviewed for school recently and I went with her and we stayed here. Best of all was the significant federal government discount if you're eligible! Brings the rate from 400 down to 130. Anyhow so that was great.
-Room: One of the best I've ever stayed in. Awesome bed, awesome bathroom and jacuzzi. Peaceful with pristine views of Chicago. Perfect size for a couple to stay in. Room service food was great. Great great desk to do work on if you are on business.
-Service: A+. We asked for a sewing kit and they brought it right up. I also asked if I could check out a little late and they let me leave at 4 pm, which was about 4 hours after the checkout!
-Location: Another A+. Knowing Chicago well, this is the nicest part of Chicago right in the middle of the magnificent mile. It's not far from the lake either, and the perfect place to stay for a visitor.
-NomI: The restaurant here. It overlooks Michigan Ave and has great food. They renovated recently and kept a lot of the old menu items and I loved it.

I loved this place and will definitely be back the next time I am in Chicago. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I had a choice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank jpark10
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Never having great expectations for large chain hotels, my husband I were blown away by the small touches that made the Park Hyatt Chicago feel more like an elegant boutique experience. Comfortable but high tech rooms, superb and innovative restaurant (Nomi), warm and truly friendly service, and BMW limo for in-city transport: we couldn't imagine a better welcome in a large city.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the Old Water Tower
1 Thank Margiesanfrancisco11
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel while attending a convention in Chicago. It was a wonderful stay. The hotel is gorgeous--contemporary in style but not spare or cold. The front desk could not have been more welcoming or helpful. I had a room without much of a view (I could have paid a little more and had a view but chose not to) but the interior and its amenities made up for it. The room had an enormous bathtub that you could lie in and watch TV. There were fresh apples every day and the NY Times was delivered to the door for free. WiFi was also free and the internet service was fast. Each night, you could also go down to the lobby and have a free cappuccino. I used the hotel's gym and it was state-of-the-art. The lap pool and whirlpool looked inviting but I didn't try it out. All this and being situated on the "magnificent mile" made this a noteworthy stay. I am looking forward to a return some day.

1 Thank tthecht
Brandenburg, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We traveled to Chicago for the first weekend of our Spring Break and found the location of the Park Hyatt to be perfect. We reserved in advance and were able to take advantage of the military discount which saved us signifcantly. While on Michigan Avenue we were very close the Amercian Girl Store, Hollister, J Crew, Crate & Barrel, Aeropostale and many more shops. The hotel was great for dropping off packages while we wnt on our way. All staff made us feel welcome and seemed to recognize us. While traveling "economically" we sometimes find a bigger room, but never one with a better location. While they don't offer a full breakfast in the morning, the coffee bar is quite delux and will certainly hold you over until brunch! We also found that the coffee bar area was open when we returned later in the day and we grabbed a soda and apple cider. Definitely a place we would like to return to! We did here many emergency vehicles through the night, but we are accustomed to sleeping in a quite environment.

Room Tip: We had a corner room which did not have a view from the tub but seemed rather large, we had a great...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family