“Fantastic Location, Beautiful Room” 5 of 5 bubbles

Park Hyatt Chicago
Ranked #7 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersGold level
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic Location, Beautiful Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

I just returned from staying at this lovely hotel and would highly recommend it. The room is beautiful with plenty of space, a nice desk, the most comfortable chair I've sat in...I now have to purchase one! and a bathroom to die for. The staff for friendly and helpful. It is well worth it to get a room with a great view. We could sit in our window seat or even lie in the tub and have a view of the Lake, the Water Tower and Michigan Ave. Everything is within walking distance or a cheap cab ride. I will be back!

Room Tip: Get a room with a full view of the lake. The 7th floor and up are good choices.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Andrea P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Just returned from a 4 night blissful visit to the Park Hyatt Chicago. This hotel had always been on my bucket list and I finally made it! Checked in by Noemi and she really looked after us. We were assigned room 1406, direct view of the old Water Tower and beyond was Lake Mich. Lovely lovely lovely and unbelievable service. Everyone knows your name and there are smiles ear to ear. Hated to leave the hotel and think I could live there! Down pillows stacked on the bed, crisp fine linens, big fluffy towels. Spotless! The first time in eons I didn't feel the need to disinfect the room before I touched anything. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: If the rooftop patio is open (seasonal), it's a must!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

I have spent five nights at the Park Hyatt Chicago. Everything was done to make my stay memorable. I was in a Park Room at the 12 level with sunset view. The room was almost perfect, comfortable, modern and well decorated, with a nice bathroom and all the amenities.
Perfect housekeeping, helpfull and friendly frontdesk staff and concierge, very nice breakfast with a nice lake view, and an amazing Fitness center with my favorites toys: kettlebells!!!
And if you are too tired to go for diner, you can call the room service and order amazing sushis.
The last point: a perfect location in Chicago.
In summary, my best experience in the US very far from some overrated and "trendy" hotels where i have stayed in New York and Miami

Stayed April 2012
2 Thank djilali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Park Hyatt in Chicago competes among an elite group of hotels including Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, and the Peninsula. It stands up well to the comparison. The staff is outstanding including catering, housekeeping and front desk. The rooms are somewhat larger than the typical Chicago hotel, and are very modern with bedside controls for window coverings and lighting. The bathrooms are large with top of the line finishes and amenities. If you are looking for a first class hotel experience in downtown Chicago, the Park Hyatt is worth a look.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Atlrich
Reno
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

We love Chicago and being a Gold Passport Member, we were very excited to be at the Park Hyatt. We had come from the Hyatt Regency Chicago after a free 3 night stay with some Choice Certificates. And although they Hyatt Regency has a great location and beautiful atrium, the rooms are less than desirable to say the least. So we were more than ready to stay at the Park Hyatt for some luxury.

First the cons:
Well, we have always felt we are treated well by Hyatt reception, so when we arrived at the Park Hyatt, I expected above and beyond -- more like when we go to the Ritz Carlton. The man checking us in was very short with me, gave me my room number and that was about it. Not very welcoming to say the least.

The only other downside was the smell in the hotel,especially in the elevators. I think that there might be some smoking rooms, so they might be trying to cover the smell with a perfume type scent which almost makes it worse. We were in a non smoking room, so the room was just fine. I would recommend making this a non smoking room and making a spa type smell for the whole hotel. We are from Nevada, so we are used to the casino type smoky smell. Just doesn't go with this hotel!

Pros:
Beautiful room and amazing bathroom!!! So big, separate toilet and shower and bathtub separated out, very unique and exquisite! The Le Labo Neroli 36 bath products are amazing (I am trying to hunt down the shampoo and conditioner as we speak!).

NoMi Restaurant is wonderful and delicious. We had our 3 young boys with us, and they were very accommodating with a children's menu and didn't treat us like we were a bother at all. Our boys were on their best behavior thank goodness, and we got a lot of compliments from the other patrons which was very nice. Beautiful view, and they put us at an amazing table. Thank you! The food was quite was delicious!

Great location right in the heart of Michigan Avenue Shopping.

My husband and I come to Chicago every fall, and we will definitely stay here again in the future. The unfortunate encounter in the beginning was hopefully a fluke as I have read other reviews with much better experiences. Every other person at the front desk were very nice and very helpful throughout the rest of our stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank hracq
Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012 via mobile

Very comfortable room. No coffee maker in room. This hotel (like many) has gone to beds with duvet covers but no top sheet (why???). Good service, large workout facility, nice view of lake.

Stayed April 2012
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I lived in Chicago most of my life befor moving to LA. I used to live down the street in Streeterville but always thought the Park Hyatt was an amazing hotel in the perfect location on Michigan and Chicago Ave. I'd been to the restaurant Nomi pre-renovation and the lounge and both were great. Anyhow I'd never been able to stay there but my girlfriend interviewed for school recently and I went with her and we stayed here. Best of all was the significant federal government discount if you're eligible! Brings the rate from 400 down to 130. Anyhow so that was great.
-Room: One of the best I've ever stayed in. Awesome bed, awesome bathroom and jacuzzi. Peaceful with pristine views of Chicago. Perfect size for a couple to stay in. Room service food was great. Great great desk to do work on if you are on business.
-Service: A+. We asked for a sewing kit and they brought it right up. I also asked if I could check out a little late and they let me leave at 4 pm, which was about 4 hours after the checkout!
-Location: Another A+. Knowing Chicago well, this is the nicest part of Chicago right in the middle of the magnificent mile. It's not far from the lake either, and the perfect place to stay for a visitor.
-NomI: The restaurant here. It overlooks Michigan Ave and has great food. They renovated recently and kept a lot of the old menu items and I loved it.

I loved this place and will definitely be back the next time I am in Chicago. Wouldn't stay anywhere else if I had a choice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business