“Wonderful stay !”

GreenLeadersGold level
Almelo, The Netherlands
“Wonderful stay !”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We enjoyed our 8 nights stay in this Park Hyatt hotel. Superb location, nice room with large bathroom and seperate toilet (we had room 1317 with view of Water Tower, Lake Michigan and the Magnificent Mile, see photos). I loved the electric sheers and blinds ;-). Breakfast in NOMI restaurant very, very good. Nice downstairs lounge with free coffee, tea, softdrinks. Beautiful bar on the 7th floor terrace (if the weather is good). A near perfect hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Maartenmathijs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

Great location and decor. Service levels seemed a little indifferent. Ordered coffee this morning and there was no sweetener. Scant with towels. Have stayed many times before and the rooms have undergone a refresh which is very nice. Since we used points for the stay, we didn't feel the financial pinch but at $450 a night I wanted to feel more of a lift. It's Morher's Day and there is little in the way excitement. Most recently stayed at the Peninsula across the street for a week and found higher engagement levels.

Overall, great facility, good service, mediocre intangibles.

• Stayed May 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 11 May 2012

The pros: The room was spectacular - excellent view from the room, very spacious. Never heard any noise from any of the other guests. Very private and quiet. The staff kept the property and the rooms remarkably clean. Doorman is very attentive, and the private car and driver are a nice benefit in a city where most hotels (yes, even the five stars) do not provide transportation service. The steam room is very nice if you enjoy a moist steam. A locker room is stocked with all of the amenities you would need to fix yourself back up before returning to your room including complimentary toothbrush and toothpaste if needed.

The cons: There are few people on staff at any given time. It is almost too quiet. We had a problem with our electronic room "key", it would not work. I called several times from the phone in the hall on our floor and no one at the front desk answered. I went all the way down, and one person was there. She said that she would call someone up to help me right away. No one came. I made several more calls down and finally gave up and called a member of my group to come let me in! That was frustrating. On the last day of our stay we discovered (by watching another guest) that there is a room tucked in behind what looks like a library ajacent to the front desk. The room is complimentary coffee, latte machines, soft drinks, bottle waters, various foods (good foods) varying based on the time of day. No one ever told us at check in about this place! We had been huffing it blocks away to a starbucks for coffee each morning! There is a restaurant on site, but it is very expensive, has a limited menu, and the items are just not appealing at all. We had been excited about the on site spa, until we found that it is also over priced - I get a monthly massage from a spa, and they charge over double the going rate! The pool is big, but the restaurant's outdoor seating looks into the pool area (nice if you don't mind being the entertainment).

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the historic water tower - it also has a view of Lake Michigan and it is...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I was in town for a business conference that being held at this hotel and it was hands down the best place I have stayed for either business or pleasure. The staff are wonderful and made my staff very pleasant. The room was amazing and my view of Lake Michigan was breathtaking at sunset/rise. The bedding was so comfortable and the pillows plush and plentiful that I had no trouble falling asleep. The location in the heart of downtown Chicago is hard to beat. This location is well deserving of its reputation and I look forward to returning soon.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I just returned from staying at this lovely hotel and would highly recommend it. The room is beautiful with plenty of space, a nice desk, the most comfortable chair I've sat in...I now have to purchase one! and a bathroom to die for. The staff for friendly and helpful. It is well worth it to get a room with a great view. We could sit in our window seat or even lie in the tub and have a view of the Lake, the Water Tower and Michigan Ave. Everything is within walking distance or a cheap cab ride. I will be back!

Room Tip: Get a room with a full view of the lake. The 7th floor and up are good choices.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Andrea P
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Just returned from a 4 night blissful visit to the Park Hyatt Chicago. This hotel had always been on my bucket list and I finally made it! Checked in by Noemi and she really looked after us. We were assigned room 1406, direct view of the old Water Tower and beyond was Lake Mich. Lovely lovely lovely and unbelievable service. Everyone knows your name and there are smiles ear to ear. Hated to leave the hotel and think I could live there! Down pillows stacked on the bed, crisp fine linens, big fluffy towels. Spotless! The first time in eons I didn't feel the need to disinfect the room before I touched anything. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: If the rooftop patio is open (seasonal), it's a must!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
paris
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

I have spent five nights at the Park Hyatt Chicago. Everything was done to make my stay memorable. I was in a Park Room at the 12 level with sunset view. The room was almost perfect, comfortable, modern and well decorated, with a nice bathroom and all the amenities.
Perfect housekeeping, helpfull and friendly frontdesk staff and concierge, very nice breakfast with a nice lake view, and an amazing Fitness center with my favorites toys: kettlebells!!!
And if you are too tired to go for diner, you can call the room service and order amazing sushis.
The last point: a perfect location in Chicago.
In summary, my best experience in the US very far from some overrated and "trendy" hotels where i have stayed in New York and Miami

Stayed April 2012