Stayed at the Renaissance for 3 nights, after not being able to get a confirmed 2 Queen Bedroom at the Marriott Magnificent Mile.
After not being able to get a 2 Queen room at the other property, the check-in clerk said that they had availability at the Renaissance property, just 1 mile away at the rate of $135/night, and said we can just do a walk-up check-in.
Upon arrival at the Renaissance, the check-in line was quite long, and there was no real distinguished line for Marriott Elite Members. When we told the clerk we wanted to do a walk-up reservation, she said the rate was $165. I then told her the whole story, and even pulled out my Marriott iPhone App, to show her the special elite rate. After going in the back for about 8 minutes, she finally said she can honor it, as if she was doing us a favor?
The rooms are typical of what you would expect from a Renaissance property, although its slightly showing its wear. Beds are very comfy, and the water pressure in the shower is very powerful! What's also great is that the hotel offers complimentary bike rentals during their summer months!
What makes this hotel a selling point is it's location, and how quiet it is. The property is located next to all the major subway lines, and a lot of restaurants, small shops, Walgreens, 7-11, and banks and ATMs.
Overall, a great, convenient, and comfortable stay. I would most definitely stay here again if the price was right!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merging the business of the Loop with the pleasure of State Street and Chicago’s Theater District, the newly renovated Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel invites discovery at every turn. Winner of a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, the Renaissance Chicago enthralls from the moment you enter the lobby – featuring a VIP Club Lounge, Artist Studio, Coffee Bar and Library. Unwind and revitalize in one of the 520 guestrooms and 40 suites featuring unique amenities with marble accents complimented by skyline views of the city's architecture. Wind down inside this luxury hotel in Chicago’s Rejuvenation Center boasting a refreshing indoor pool and indulgent spa treatments. Experience this downtown Chicago hotel’s distinctive and hip scene with local flair, delectable dishes and creative cocktails. This premier Chicago theater hotel is steps away from upscale shopping, fine dining, the theater district, and famed Millennium Park. Your own Windy City experience awaits at this downtown Chicago boutique hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Marriott so you can book your Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Hotel Chicago
- Chicago Renaissance
- Renaissance Chicago Hotel