US$252
US$225
US$203
Sofitel
  • Restaurant
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$192
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$280
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
5,326 results
All reviewsthe club loungethe rivernavy piershula's steakhousewithin walking distanceconcierge deskmichigan avewhole foodsthe magnificent mileself parkingfitness centercorner roommillennium parkhotel is in a great locationmag milethe loopfew blocks
Reviewed September 27, 2007

We made our first visit to Chicago to celebrate our 8th anniversary and the Sheraton Hotel and Towers was great. Everone from the bellman, registration and concierge services were top notch. Easy to walk to things from here...although the location is a bit quiet if you are looking for more action then Michigan Avenue hotels might be better. Their signature bed was so super comfortable. We ate at Shula's one night, it was delicious but a bit overpriced, we also had some drinks at Chi bar one night which was fun. The gym is well equipped but you do have to pay for it (my only complaint). The elevators are also super fast - it was like you pressed the button and the elevator was there. The concierge staff was top notch and had great suggestions and clear, complete directions for everything! Overall had a great time and would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank domandmeg
Reviewed September 27, 2007

We stayed at the Sheraton this past weekend (September 21 – 23) to explore Chicago and go to a Cubs game. Check-in was fast, we had a clean room and very comfortable beds. Our room was on the 22nd floor with a view of the city (fast elevators; never had to wait long). Although we were on a non-smoking floor, our room had a strong smell of smoke. The shower also drained very slowly. I’m sure we could have switched rooms but didn’t bother asking.

The location is great; within walking distance to the parks, beach, Navy Pier, restaurants, shopping, public transportation, etc. At night we took a short cab ride (about a mile) to the bars/clubs on Division & Rush.

The Concierge Desk was very helpful. They gave us walking directions to a restaurant for breakfast (West Egg Cafe) and the El (Red Line) to get to Wrigley Field. However, the El stop at Grand & State (about 7 blocks away) was under construction over the weekend. We had to take a complimentary CTA shuttle bus to another stop. It's only $2 to get around on the El but not very convenient with the construction. We decided to take a cab back from Wrigleyville (about $15).

The mini bar is very pricy ($4 for a can of soda, $4 for a small bag of M & Ms) but there is a Walgreens & liquor store right across the parking lot on Illinois Ave. (about a block from the front door). We didn’t spend too much time at the hotel so we only ate there once. Stephan at the Chi Bar made great martinis and the flat bread pizza was tasty.

Although the hotel charges for internet usage, they do offer complimentary boarding pass printing at the Business Center (behind the Bell Desk). Overall, we had a good stay at this hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
2  Thank Debba9802
Reviewed September 25, 2007

Upon booking, I was uncertain due to previous reviews about this hotel. They seemed to be all over the place. More negative reviews seem to be older postings--whereas more of the newer ones are more positive. B/C I was uncertain I contacted a guest coordinator prior to our stay. She was great--she not only followed through (ensuring us a great room)--but followed-up upon our arrival. I would recommend doing this if you are uncertain.
Here's my take:
Location: This hotel is in a great location--positioned between Mag mile and Navy Pier. We had an excellent view of the river and city skyline. Right by the NBC building.
In room amenities: free amenities are limited. The items in the rooms are overpriced. My recommendation is to go to Walgreens across the street (literally across). There are actually Walgreens everywhere in Chicago. Great place to grab snacks. There is a charge for internet (but not too shocking--as many of the hotels I have stayed--charge. Hamptons are really the only place I've stayed that we have had free in-room access).
Hotel Amenities/Transportation: we did not try the pool--didn't even see it. But from what I can gather access to the pool is free. There is a charge for the work-out facility. My recommendation:go walk Mag Mile. We walked everywhere we went (Navy Pier, up and down Mag Mile, Milli. Park, John Hancock Building). We took a shuttle to/from airport--they were very timely. We took a cab to Seoond City.
Housekeeping: the rooms and hotel areas that we saw were very clean. I do kind of inspect for this thing--b/c stray hairs in the bed or shower gross me out--I didn't see any here. Housekeeping was also very nice and non-intrusive. We went out everyday about 10:30a-1:30p--and they had the room picked-up/cleaned by the time we got back--with plenty of towels/washclothes/etc. I was happy about this--b/c in several hotels I've stayed before--this can be a issue.
Check-in: easy/pleasant/quick.
Room size: on the smaller size (but not tiny) compared to some--but it is downtown Chicago and from what I can tell this is common for many hotels downtown based on reviews of the other ones. It's Chicago--we weren't there to stay in the room much anyway--other then to enjoy the view late evening. I do agree with a previous reviewer--turning the loveseat and coffee table around--is a great idea--to sit back and enjoy the view.
Our favorite things in Chicago: view from our room, lounge on the 95th floor of the Hancock building, just exploring downtown/Milli. Park-ate some Chicago pizza that day, Second City--the current revue is great--great team of actors.
This trip was just my husband and I. We would most definitely stay here again. I really don't think this would be a super-kid friendly place. Great for adults. If I stayed in Chicago with my kids--and wanted to stay downtown--I think I might try the Swissotel (close to the Sheraton)--I saw in their website they have rooms specifically decorated for kids. However, their price is a bit more.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank annetteboatright
Reviewed September 17, 2007

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in August. We waited a while to check in even though there were quite a few desks open, this was a little annoying as the receptionists seemed to work in two's. Our room had a great view of Navy Pier and was a good size. The bed was very comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean. The location of the hotel is the best, we walked to Navy Pier and Michigan Ave. The breakfast buffet was great although a little pricey and the bar very relaxing for a nightcap or two. Would certainly recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sundy
Reviewed September 11, 2007

Stayed here for three nights as a combo weekend/business conference, which was hosted within the hotel.

Though the property was sizable, we had no problems either checking in or checking out. We asked for a room with a view and they did not disappoint. They're located at a very convenient nexus (if you're going on one of the various architecture boat tours that are popular, including the one given by the CAS, most leave from within easy walking distance from this hotel), and had great views of both the Navy Pier and the Chicago skyline, north of the Chicago River.

The room was a decent size, though not huge. If there was any complaint with this hotel, it was the HVAC, with an emphasis on the "ac". My room was comfortable, but I could never quite get it cool enough. The meeting rooms were the complete opposite, and were often cold enough to hang meat.

Of course, the biggest complaint that most travelers have these days is the insistence of the the better chains of charging for Internet access. Why places like Residence Inn can offer their guests free internet access but Sheraton and Hilton cannot is beyond me.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay and would stay again, at the right rate.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business