5,388 results
All reviewsthe rivernavy pierthe club loungeshula's steakhousewithin walking distanceconcierge deskmichigan avewhole foodsthe magnificent mileself parkingmini fridgefitness centercorner roommillennium parkhotel is in a great locationmag milethe loop
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We spent 3 nights in this hotel and overall while it wasn't the worst experience, it wasn't the best either. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is good with wonderful views and our room had a great view of the river. But the rooms was small and ordinary. They put us in some sort of suite the first night and the bed was essentially a pull down sofa bed so we had to switch rooms the second night. With a convention there, the hotel was booked and limited on space and rooms. We paid a premium rate for our room and I wasn't at all impressed. The onsight resturant was horrible - over priced and the food wasn't very good. There are great resturants within walking distance and I'd suggest eating out. Housekeeping was horrible. I think the hotel has the potential to improve. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again and my husband thought less of it than I did and isn't interested in staying at any other Sheraton any time soon.

Room Tip: River Views are the best and so are upper floors. Housekeeping is noisy all morning starting at 7am so try to stay in the middle and not an end room. Walls are thin.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Had a great stay at the Sheraton. The front desk rep (Brian) accommodated my room type request and even found one with the most amazing view of the river and of the skyline, all because the person in front of me took so long to check in. Everyone from housekeeping to engineering to security went out of their way to acknowledge you and say hello or ask if you were enjoying your stay or needed any assistance. You hardly ever see that anywhere these days and a lot of hotel operators don't seem to understand how far that goes and the impression it makes on a guest. This was the last stop for me on a trip through the Midwest and most of the other hotels I stayed at it was hard to even get most of the staff to acknowledge your existence. Spot On Sheraton Chicago. It really made me fell very welcomed when walking around the hotel. I will definitely make this my go-to hotel when in Chicago.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ric H
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Attended large professional meeting here. Meeting facilities were fine. Hotel and room clean. Service was professional and friendly. Dining options in-hotel were very limited: basically Shula Steakhouse or room service. (Chicago Burger "in hotel" was shut down.) A bit of a walk to best shopping and restaurant rows; other hotels have more convenient locations. Slow Internet. Would not choose for a personal stay.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 17, 2011

The hotel is a-okay.. We spent 3 nights here and to what i can recall, the room is average-sized (similar to the rooms at double-tree). What i like about its location is that it's walking distance to one of the attractions in our checklist ( Chicago's First Lady-- River Cruise), but it's a few blocks away from magnificent mile..1 mile approx, bummer. I guess my only complain is that they charge so much on valet service. Alternative: less expensive parking at the service apartment next door.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We had a $300.00 gift certificate that was about to expire so we chose to use it at the Sheraton while in the Chicago area for a volleyball tournament. Total cost of the room was $368.00/night. I get that it is the location that is costly, but I found the room very small and in need of some updating. I was surprised that the rooms were not equipt with wireless. You could use the wireless in the lobby area for free.
Parking is like most hotels in Chicago $50/day.....It is best to park your car and cab it around town.

The bed and bedding were very comfortable, and our view of the water was beautiful.

We had a drink in the bar downstairs...yikes...a rum and coke was $11.00.

The staff in the hotel was friendly, and the room was clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Love2vacation2
DanitaCEO, Manager at Sheraton Grand Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Dear Love2vacation2:

Your review is greatly appreciated...thank you for sharing. I am delighted that you encounters with our associates and the cleanliness of the hotel met your expectations.

I am pleased to let you know that later this year, the hotel begins the first year of a multi-year guestroom renovation project. While we cannot change the size of the rooms, we will be making changes in the furniture and color scheme in the bedroom as well as making changes in the bathroom. I am confident you will enjoy the look and feel of the new guestroom.

I do apologize for any mis-understanding with regard to guestroom internet access as we do now have wireless internet in the guestrooms. I have asked our director of housekeeping to ensure that each room has the internet information card.

We look forward to welcoming you back and to experiencing our new guestrooms!

Warmest regards,