3,599 results
All reviews talbot hotel the gold coast one bedroom suite rush street the magnificent mile turn down service small hotel michigan avenue room was large the entire staff two blocks the location is perfect wonderful hotel the miracle mile water tower couple blocks visit chicago
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I loved this hotel the minute we were greeted by the friendly doorman, Andrew. Unfortunately, I didn't catch the lady working the front desk because she too deserves praise. From the minute we arrived, we got nothing but the best treatment. The service is prompt as well. We booked a one bedroom suite and I absolutely adore it! It's quiet and cozy. The hotel has an old world charm without looking outdated. If I could buy a room here I would. The location is the best! Away from all the michigan madness, but only by a few blocks and close to all the boutique shopping that you cant find further south closer to the river. Don't think twice about booking this hotel. We haven't even left yet and I'm already regretting when we have to.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suites are amazing!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Except for the bartender, the people at the Talbott were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a great location for walking to shopping and restaurants. We had a suite and it was huge. The bathroom was the largest I have ever had, and great for getting ready in the morning. The bed was very comfortable. The TVs were slightly confusing. We never did get our IPOD to work. A couple complaints about the room - there was not a mini-refrigerator. Instead of putting in those over-priced mini-bars (does anyone really purchase stuff out of these things?), have refrigerators. The other issue was the annoying sound of the elevators could be heard in our room. It sounds like an airplane going over. These elevators were very old and slow, and most of the weekend, only one was working. We ate in the restaurant for breakfast since we have $30 credit each morning. If you don't have breakfast included with your room, I would go somewhere else. It was OK. The orange juice was watered down badly!

Room Tip: Far away from the elevator!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great value for a nice, big room in a good neighborhood. Comfortable bed, clean, excellent staff. I had a hard time with the tv remote.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed at The Talbot hotel for 3 nights. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We walked many places - restaurants - shops and museums. Our room was very large with free wi-fi and a flat screen TV. We found the king size bed very comfortable! There was access to a fitness center but we didn't try it. There are lots of good restaurants in the area and the shops of North Michigan Avenue are close-by. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2012

This was my second visit to the Talbott in the last 12 months. As with the last time the quality and service at this establishment were excellent.
We booked direct with the Hotel and secured a very attractive off peak rate for December.
With my wife and two children we had a room with two queen beds, staying for three nights. Even with the four of us we did not feel cramped although the bathroom was not particularly spacious. The beds were very comfortable with quality linens and with three chairs in the room we had enough options for seating.
The room had free internet that worked through the TV - another excellent service.
One of the things that we like about the Talbott is that you can open the windows, ever so slightly, but enough to let in some fresh air.
Staff were friendly - particularly Perry the doorman - and gave us excellent advice as far as places to go. The Concierge also provided us with some very good tips as far as nearby dining.
The location is excellent being just off the golden mile and close to many good restaurants.
We enjoyed our stay at the Talbott and have no hesitation in recommending it for other travellers.

Room Tip: Staying in December giives access to off-peak rates. Worth checking when booking.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family