3,572 results
All reviews talbot hotel the gold coast one bedroom suite rush street quiet street the magnificent mile turn down service small hotel michigan avenue room was large two blocks the entire staff the location is perfect wonderful hotel the miracle mile water tower visit chicago
An EasyToBook.com traveler
Louisville, Ky
Reviewed April 10, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 8, 2012

This hotel provides a perfect location with perfect service except for on one occasion this past weekend. On the Saturday before Easter our room wasn't made up until our complaint at 3 pm. Everyone is otherwise is very friendly and takes care of your every need. The bed is comfortable, room quiet and best of all a small hotel gets you away from the frenetic style of a large city when you need quiet.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2012

This was a great hotel. I stayed here for five nights while on a business trip and brought my wife and small child along. We stayed in a one bedroom suite which was great. The room was very spacious, clean and had everything we needed and more. The staff here were excellent. I can't say enough about Charles and Dwayne. They were always helpful and very personable. Everytime we walked in or out the front door, they would say or do something to bring a smile to our faces. I would certainly go back to Chicago and stay at the Talbott again. What a gem!

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I've stayed at the Talbott in the past and once again on a business trip for 3 nights. This hotel is located in the Gold Coast, just two blocks off Michigan Ave and in the heart of great shopping and restaurants. The lobby is charming with dark woods and comfortable chairs. Off the lobby is the "Restaurant at the Talbott" with a very nice bar area as well. In the summer this restaurant has a nice outdoor eating area which many of the locals take advantage of. I ate breakfast and dinner here, both were very good but not remarkable. Restaurant specializes in Northern Italian cuisine and was the former Bice restaurant. The rooms are where there is some room for improvement. My standard room was nice but could use a good carpet cleaning. There is Apple TV receiver and a flat screen, dual sinks, a normal shower and ample closet space and sitting area. Again, nice but not over 3.5 star quality. A must mention that after two 11 hour days of being on my feet and with an early flight Saturday morning I retired early on Friday night. Just after 9:30 PM a loud and rather obnoxious maid declared "TURN DOWN SERVICE" up and down the hallway. Why she needed to be so loud is beyond me. I would recommend this hotel overall. Especially if you are visiting Chicago as a tourist, this is an ideal location and a pretty good value.One other thing, as others have mentioned the hotel staff is very nice and the doorman is attentive and friendly.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

The Talbott is a small boutique hotel with wonderful rooms, very reasonable prices, in a great location, but most importantly, the staff are caring, courteous, and conscientous. This is the only place I stay in Chicago - and they always remember me. For someone who travels on business as much as I do, it is so nice to stay somewhere that is so friendly and comfortable. I always try to stay an extra day or two on my own to enjoy the area - the nearby restaurants and shopping are great, and you are only a few blocks from Michigcan Ave. I'd like to keeep it my own little secret!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice!