3,570 results
All reviews talbot hotel the gold coast one bedroom suite rush street quiet street the magnificent mile turn down service small hotel michigan avenue room was large two blocks the entire staff the location is perfect wonderful hotel the miracle mile water tower visit chicago
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in this small, luxury hotel for five days last week. As soon as we stepped into the lobby, I knew we had made the right choice. Andrew, the bellman, showed us to our room which was located on the seventh floor on the main street (Delaware). He explained everything about the room and the hotel and provided us with some great tips on where we should eat. The room was beautiful, decorated in muted colors of creams and browns, both the room and the bathroom were large and spotlessly clean. Having stayed at the Ritz-Carton in Watertower Place for all of our previous trips, (where a standard room is in excess of $450 a night) this room was larger and prettier by comparison, and an unbelievable bargain at less than $200 a night!
The dark-paneled bar is beautiful, and all drinks are made with fresh ingredients. An added bonus is the streetside patio, beautifully decorated with flowerboxes and a fun and relaxing place to enjoy the weather and people watch both in the morning for coffee and late afternoon for cocktails and a bite to eat.
The location can't be beat, right near Michigan Avenue, Rush St., Millenium Park, lots of shops and restaurants nearby. The staff is wonderful, always greeting us with a smile. I can't recommend this hotel enough, it will be our "go to" hotel in Chicago from now on!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street have more light in them, the upper floors are quieter.
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We ate lunch before leaving for airport, service was absolutely excellent as was the food, reasonable prices great staff and a lovely way to spend our last lunchtime in Chicago. Highly recommend.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Excellent location. Small boutique hotel. Room was clean and spacious, as was the bathroom. Would have preferred to have a separate shower and tub. In a hotel like this I look a nice, spacious shower to relax.

Dining I'd sum up in one word, don't! My first night I walked in the restaurant was very slow. No eye contact from staff. After standing there several minutes I walked outside to a table where once again I waited. I ordered a glass of wine and dessert. The dessert was very good but the poor service ruined my experience. The next day I decided to give it another try for breakfast. Once again I found the service to be slow. Each time I wanted a coffee refill I had to ask. The dining area seating is crampped around the bar. The restaurant seems like an after thought.

Other nit, no pay per view movies. If you have a Netflix account you can pull that up on Apple TV. This hotel is really missing some modern features you'd expect to see.

Average at best, but there are other better choices.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Dropped our bags and went down to the elegant, European-look bar for a top notch Cosmo - so relaxing after traveling. Room spacious, clean, excellently furnished - including the bed furnishings. As many reviewers have mentioned, the location couldn't be better. My first choice when visiting Chicago.

Room Tip: We were right by elevator and never heard it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed at the Talbot in early May and parked our car (for $55/day) in their garage. It would have cost about the same as a day's parking fee to be bought from Midway to the hotel. The hotel lobby is very small but there is always someone there to help you. The room was lovely and large, the bathroom-spacious and modern and clean. Service was silent but there-the way I like it, and the location is perfect for walking to all downtown sites and stores. There are two little grocers across the street, and a liquor store within in a block plus a few adequate restaurants within the block.
I would have stayed here again anyway, but what sealed the deal was that I left something in the room and housekeeping and the great concierge, Kathy, mailed it back to me promptly!!
First time I've had anything left behind actually returned to me, and with a handwritten note thanking me for choosing The Talbot. Nice!

Room Tip: The windows open in the rooms at The Talbot!!!!!!!
1  Thank larsthorwald