3,563 results
All reviews talbot hotel the gold coast one bedroom suite rush street quiet street the magnificent mile turn down service small hotel michigan avenue room was large two blocks the entire staff the location is perfect wonderful hotel the miracle mile water tower visit chicago
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights for business and I would definitely stay here again. My plane arrived in Chicago early in the morning and I had a few hours to kill before my first appointment. The staff graciously allowed me to check in early (9 a.m.!) at no additional charge. The rooms are well-appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The location is superb for shopping and dining. It is a bit north of the museums and a ways from the McCormick Convention Center where I had my meetings, but because the hotel is so reasonably priced, I didn't mind spending money on cabs to get me to some of my destinations. The staff is extraordinarily friendly and accommodating, and the housekeepers do a fantastic job. The hotel was perfect for my solo business trip - quiet, free wi fi, large desk in my room; however, I wouldn't hesitate to return with my family, including my small kids.

Room Tip: My room looked out at a wall, which was fine with me. If you want some sort of view, you'll have to ask for it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

great location and such a beautiful place cannot wait to go back. All employees were gracious and helpful. My husband was in heaven in the big comfortable beds.We were so close to everything we were looking to visit. Great privacy. Very clean!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed two nights and were given a small, but quiet room. The king bed took up much of the room, and was just okay, not soft enough. Pillows and bedding were good quality. Air-conditioner worked well and did not blow on the bed, although the maid kept turning off the fan during the day so that the room was hot each time we returned.

The maid did little but straighten things out--did not clean a soiled mirror or, it seems, vacuum--so not impressed with housekeeping. Concierge was very knowledgeable, check-in and out was pleasant. A mistake about the mini-bar was quickly resolved. Nice Touch: Terry bathrobes in sizes that fit thin people.

This hotel was a far better bargain than the Peninsula. While the furnishings are older--for instance, the make-up mirror was not new, and the bathtub was slippery--and we were a bit cramped, the welcome was big. The location on Delaware is close to bus stops, and it's a 5-minute walk from here to the lakeshore and beach.

Our only complaint was a member of the bell staff started loading up our taxi when we arrived back at the hotel one afternoon--with other folks and their luggage, while we were paying for our cab ride. Too aggressive, as were the people who were waiting. More discretion on the part of the bell staff is definitely needed curbside.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet one if that's what you like. We did, and they gave it some thought at check-in. A nice touch.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed at the Talbott hotel for three nights in July. I had read about this hotel on trip advisor, and took the great reviews with a grain of salt. Although I am partial to boutique hotels, I wondered how the hotel could be so highly rated. Believe me, this hotel deserves all it's accolades. The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Chicago, one block off the Golden mile. The real selling point about this hotel, however, is a service of the staff. Every time you enter the hotel you're welcome by many staff people. After the first day the staff greets you by name. Additionally, our room was not ready for the 3 o'clock checking. We waited about 20 minutes and then were told that the hotel it upgraded us to a suite for our inconvenience. We certainly did not have to do this. It was greatly appreciated and the room we were given was absolutely exquisite

The attention to detail and the location of the hotel, together with the service it provides make this a real gem. Do yourself a favor and stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Marigot1
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel in end of June for 4 nights and had a fabulous time in Chicago.

First taking a cab to the hotel cost only USD40 and it was a mere 15 mins ride. Check in was fast and efficient, maybe because it was still 'low season' and I checked in around 6 pm, so not exactly the high traffic hours.

Room is spacious with no frills decoration and bed is very comfortable. They have quilt covers and pillows which I really love. Everything is spotlessly clean. The only thing that I don't really like is that the room is quite dark as decorations are all in dark wood. Since they do not have a central light panel, you have to physically go to each and every lamp to turn it on or off, not a big deal. My room has only one small window facing a brick wall of another building and a fire escape ( one of the reason why it is dark) and I was told if I want a room with a window facing the main street, I will have to pay an extra USD100 per night! Are you kidding me?! )

In room wifi is free and it works well. They also have charged computers in the lobby.

Location is EXCELLENT! It is in the neighborhood of all 5 star hotels. The Waldorf Astoria Hotel is right at the back of Talbott, if you walk straight from E Delaware Place, you will find the Four Seasons Hotel ( 2 -3 mins) , then the Westin Hotel (4-5 mins) and the Hancock Centre. The Peninsula Hotel and the Park Hyatt is 10 mins walk down rush street. There is a bus stop right at the corner of Michigan and Delaware which take you to the museum. Walgreens (small supermarket) is 7 mins walk away. The Gibson steak house is a 10 mins walk and Starbucks is a 5 mins walk. It is also very close to the shopping street - Michigan Avenue. It is a safe ( I am traveling alone so this is very important), clean and nice neighborhood.

The doormen are friendly and always greet every guest each time they see you. Concierge provide all necessary information for restaurants and tour.

I cannot comment on the restaurant as I have never eaten there but it looked like it was always full in the evening.

As a matter of fact, I did extend my stay for 1 more night as I have fallen in love with Chicago and enjoyed staying in the hotel. I suggest that you book through Tablet as the price was lowest amongst all other websites and easy and fast confirmation. ( I have done my homework ;) )

If I ever come back to Chicago again ( and I definitely would but only in the summer months ) I would definitely stay at Talbott if there is no significant change of rates.

Room Tip: I would get a room with window facing the main street.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo