“Great location, great hotel, staff and rate”
Review of The Talbott Hotel

The Talbott Hotel
Ranked #17 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 7 July 2009

My husband and I traveled with my in-laws. They are in their late 80's we are 51. We were all pleased

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,053)

Reviewed 30 June 2009

We came to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary and were treated like royalty.  The manager sent a chilled bottle of sparkling wine with a fruit tray within minutes of our arrival.  The suite was spacious, quiet, and elegantly appointed.  The marble bathroom had the thickest, largest towels we've ever seen.  There were closets in every room.  The king sized bed left us relaxed and refreshed.  The staff was eager to make us comfortable from the check in through the time we left and were very helpful answering questions about the neighborhood.  We walked from the hotel to Navy Pier along the lake for a dinner/fireworks cruise, and the next day had brunch at the 95th.  This is a great place to stay to enjoy the beauty of the city.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2009

The reviews were accurate. I arrieved a little early so it took a while to get a room but for the inconvenience, I was upgraded to a one bedroom suite. If I wanted to live in downtown Chicago, I would love for my place to be the hotel suite I was in. it was perfect. Huge beautiful bathroom and separate bedroom. I only wished I stayed there for more than one night. The location is excellent. a block from Michigan avenue and close to lots of shopping, dining and nightlife but also very safe neighborhood. Most of the staff was extremely pleasant from the doormen to the bellman to the front desk. I really enjoyed my stay here. Also, very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2009

My wife and I spent four nights at the Talbott in early June. This first stay at this hotel was everything we wanted for a getaway to the city. Our king room was spacious, quiet, and very comfortable. The bath towels were especially nice.The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, yet relaxed. We received excellent service from everyone who helped us. We enjoyed a nice breakfast in the restaurant on two mornings.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hawk34
Reviewed 16 June 2009

The Talbott provided an exceptional experience while I stayed in Chicago last March. The size of the room was more than comfortable, I was taken a back by how large a room it was given we were in such a large inner city location. The staff was more than accommodating on every request. The interior pulled you in like a cozy bed and breakfast in the country with warm tones and fireplaces, you forgot you were just steps away from all the excitement of the city. If your looking for that special experience, do yourself a favor and book a room at the Talbott!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Beautiful large guestrooms and suites, excellent service, to-die-for linens...overall one of the best hotel experiences for a group of seasoned travelers.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Corn44
Reviewed 15 June 2009

I stayed at The Talbott for 3 nights on business and was very pleased. The staff was friendly as can be immediately confirming the lore of the midwest. I was upgraded to a suite which was bigger than my apartment and certainly more luxurious. The free wi-fi came in handy as I needed to work remotely while there. Everything from the comfort of the bed to the staff and location made this a great stay. Oh, and I got to workout at the huge Equinox right next door for free.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business