Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
US$1,049
US$975
The Peninsula
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$329
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
US$330
  • Pool
US$492
getaroom.com
2,913 results
All reviewsfull kitchenfree dinnergreat locationbreakfast and dinnernavy pierthe sofa bedvalet staffthe magnificent miletop floorliving areaseparate bedroomcomplimentary breakfastwithin walking distancebreakfast staffevening receptionmichigan avewrigley building
Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Homewood for 5 nights this past week. We were able to check in a bit early since we arrived in Chicago before the 4pm check-in time. The staff was very friendly and gave us a map with points of interest and the hotel circled on it. The doormen always open the door for you and ask if you need a cab. Breakfast is free and always has a good variety. Usually it some variation of eggs and sausage as the main entrees, but there are waffle makers, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, yogurt, and many other things to round out the selection. Dinner was pretty good too and it's free Monday-Thursday complete with beer/wine. The hotel is close to pretty much everything including the red line subway which is about 300 ft away from the front door.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor away from the elevators. We had a corner suite (room 1718) and it was quiet with a good view of Trump tower.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer S
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Jennifer,

I am happy that you and your husband had a wonderful time at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. I hope that you enjoyed all the local Chicago attractions that the hotel is close to. Thank you so much for the detailed description of our breakfast and dinner services. This review will aid others in the selection process and captures our menu perfectly.

I hope you had a wonderful time in Chicago and that we will see you and your husband again.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

As a business traveler every week, I appreciate all Homewood has to offer. The suites, make me feel like I am in an apartment, not a hotel room. Great variety of breakfast food. Dinner Mon-Thursday is a real dinner, with good food (nothing breaded and fried) good choices and rarely a repeat in 4-6 weeks. But the best is the way the staff learns your name and is friendly. Home away from home. Thank you Homewood

Room Tip: I only had one room that was too small and that was a corner room. All others are spacious
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ckimmich
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2012

We are always thrilled to welcome back our frequent guests to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. It is wonderful to be able to interact with you at breakfast, dinner, and at the reception desk. I want to thank you for your kind words regarding our friendly staff. We hope to see you and your team for months to come!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

We had a wonderful time in Chicago. We stayed here for a week and loved everything about it. The rooms are huge, having the kitchen area was wonderful for such a long trip. I love the meal calendar in the room :) All the meals we had at the hotel were GREAT...some even better then when we ate out! The staff at this hotel has a lot of pride in their work and should definitely be rewarded for it. They answered all our questions and were always available to help us out. We did use the laundry facility, it was small two washers and two dryers. Unfortunately one washer was not working but it was ok because we were the only one's using them at the time.
It's a great location to be at, within walking distance to all the local attractions. We will definitely be going back and staying at this same hotel. I noticed some people complained about the elevators taking too long we never had that problem :)
The one bad thing was that our room was directly under the gym...so in the evening all we heard were the weights being dropped on the floor. Not sure why some people need to do that when they are working out.

Room Tip: Ask not to be below the gym. But the higher the better view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Indira H

Indira,

I am so happy that you had a wonderful time visiting Chicago and staying at the Homewood Suites. We feel the meal calendar in the rooms is a great resource because you always know what to expect. If it is an item that you are not interested in you can always check out one of Chicago’s amazing restaurants.

Thank you for letting me know that one of the washer’s was not working. I have forwarded this information onto the engineering department so no other guests experience the same issues. We do try to limit the hours of our fitness center so that individuals will not be disturbed by the machines and weights. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced.

I am so happy that you received wonderful customer service at the hotel. This hotel has a culture of cultivating customer service and we are happy you had a suite time at our place.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed March 5, 2012

My sister, friend and I stayed at the Homewood Suites on Valentine's Day through Friday, the 17th. Everything about our stay exceeded our expectations! Star, who worked in reservations, greeted us with warmth and kindness every day and went above and beyond with any need that we had. Whether it was suggesting a restaurant, helping us with the transportation system routes, giving us a room with a great view... she made us feel at home.
Jason, who I believe works in guest services, is a wonderful addition to your staff! He went out of his way for us, making sure our dining experience in the evening went smoothly. I believe they were short-handed, and he was helping out in the dining room.I would like to add that dinner is free, Monday through Thursday, with free beer and wine as well. He also took us to a room on the top floor that we wanted to take a look at for our next stay there in June. His attentiveness to any of our needs was well appreciated.
Another name I would like to mention is Roger, who I believe to be the manager of the hotel. He was friendlier than any manager I have met in quite some time and my husband and I travel quite a bit. He helped us print our boarding passes on our check out day, and then directed us to where we could leave our luggage with the bellhops, since our flight was not until 7:30 p.m., and gave us a late check out. That way, we could enjoy our day downtown without having to have our luggage with us.
Once again, thanks to all the staff at Homewood Suites! We will tell everyone we know who is headed your way, to stay at your hotel!

Room Tip: Top floor with a corner room. Great view with an extra set of windows in the living room area.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Colleen W

Colleen,

I am so thrilled that you and your sister enjoyed your stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown over the Valentine’s Day week. The Homewood Suites prides itself on our customer service and I am happy that you mentioned Star’s name. She is an asset to our front desk staff and I am happy that she was able to make you feel at home.

Jason is a newer addition to our team in the Guest Experience Manager position and we are thrilled that he is making such a positive impact on our guests. Jason is a frequent sight in both our Suite Breakfast and Suite Dinner times. I am so happy that you were able to meet Roger Young, our General Manager and that you were well taken care of during your time at the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back home in June.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

I have stayed at almost every Hilton property in Chicago, The staff at Homewood are the best. The hotel is clean and takes care of all guests as family. Staff are professional and positive. You can't put a price on service.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Nancy,

Thank you so much for the wonderful endorsement of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Your compliments mean so much to us especially when you are a frequent Hilton traveler. Every member of our staff tries to make each guest feel like they are at home when they walk through the doors of our hotel. Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and service.