I stayed here on the recommendation of my husband who was here for business ten years ago. This was my first trip to Chicago, so having a recommendation was nice and saved me time researching places. Saw it was well-rated, in a convenient location, and no incidents on the bedbug registry, so gave it a shot.
Had a one bedroom suite for my daughter and me - in town for a college visit. Very nice to have a separate bedroom and living area. We did not use the kitchen, but it was well-equipped. The bathroom was quite roomy, but had very limited vanity surface - just small sides around the sink. Would have been nice to have shelving or some extra surface area. The suite and hotel overall were very clean and well-kept. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Starr at the front desk. Didn't like that all the light bulbs were fluorescent and the bedroom had only one small lamp on one side of the bed, so that room was very dark when getting ready for bed.
The $20.12 parking special was no great deal since you couldn't combine it with any other discounts like AAA rate. I think it was less than $5 cheaper than taking the AAA room rate and paying regular parking.
The breakfast was OK - only noteworthy thing was the waffles you could make fresh. Avoid the "scrambled eggs" - truly disgusting!
The location was fine, although it was very confusing that E. Grand St intersects Michigan Ave BELOW ground and you have to walk up steps to get to Michigan. I'd probably look at other options as we saw lots of nice places while walking around the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your downtown Chicago experience begins here, welcome to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown. Our location places you within walking distance to the Magnificent Mile, world-class restaurants and the infamous Chicago attractions. Where service is nothing short of extraordinary, the Homewood Suites family will welcome your every request. All of our guests will enjoy the following amenities,•Spacious, Newly Renovated two-room King suite with separate living, sleeping areas and fully equipped kitchens •Complimentary daily hot breakfast buffet •Complimentary Monday through Thursday Dinner Reception, meal with beer, wine and soda •Complimentary high-speed Wireless Internet access throughout the Hotel •Complimentary executive business center with high-speed Internet access •Complimentary cardio-fitness and indoor pool •Complimentary grocery shopping service •Complimentary coffee, tea, hot chocolate or cider all day long in the lobby •24 hour convenience shop •Hilton Honors Points -receive BOTH airline miles and hotel points for every stay with us. Check us out online for discounts and packages! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Homewood Suites Chicago Downtown
- Homewood Chicago
- Hilton Chicago
- Chicago Hilton
- Chicago Homewood Suites