“Awesome Stay for this Convenient Downtown Location”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown
Ranked #48 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Awesome Stay for this Convenient Downtown Location”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed here with my son earlier in April, when the Blackhawks were playing in the Playoffs..

I've stayed at this hotel before so I'm accustomed as to what experience to have (which is always good)

I was able to check in to the hotel at 9:30 a.m. (with a room available thankfully), had a Room on the top floor (the same floor with which the Pool and Fitness Center are located.)

Bellman and Doorman were always polite and always said Welcome Back or Have a Good Morning etc etc...

Rooms are always great, full kitchens with all the amenties, living room area with seperate tv and a Master Bedroom with privacy doors..

I always enjoy staying here....

Great Job...

Room Tip: Get a room facing the South, which afford better views of the City Skyline...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank caneshockey31
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Caneshockey31,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the suite and all the other amenities we offer. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to mention the polite staff and for being such a loyal guest to the property. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chicago.

Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My husband and I have stayed here a number of times over the past ten years (and I alone a couple of times). Having stayed in a few other hotels in Chicago, both Hilton-affiliated and other hotels which shall remain nameless, this is the one at which we prefer to stay, for several reasons.
1) All the 'rooms' are in fact two room suites--bed in one room and sofabed in the other--which is great for families or if one person arises earlier than the other (whistles innocently).
2) All the rooms have kitchenettes, complete with pots, pans, plates, glasses and flatware, refrigerator, stovetop and microwave--so you can bring home leftovers or cook a meal from scratch if you don't want to go out for lunch or dinner.
3) The soundproofing between rooms is decent; some sound seeps in from the hallway, neighboring rooms and elevator shafts but nothing like the Embassy Suites (both of them!) It takes a considerable ruckus to be at all obvious.
4) The breakfast buffet is decent: something hot, something cold, and now waffles! (Will the staff give to-go boxes if I ask? you used to have styrofoam boxes out, and it's nice to be able to take something up for my husband, for which see #1)
5) I've left the most important for last: the staff. Wonderful people, who not only remember us from trip to trip, but seem to enjoy their job(s). What impresses me most, given the turnover in the hotel industry and having myself worked in various hospitality jobs in the service industry, is that a number of the staff have been at this facility for years. I hope this means this hotel is doing something right as an employer! As a guest, the fact that the staff remember me/us between visits is reassuring on the few instances I've come alone; while guests need to take personal responsibility for their own security--check your surroundings, lock your room door--it's comforting to know that the staff is also paying attention.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jjhenke
HomewoodHiltonChiIL, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Chicago-Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2012
Jjhenke,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the suite and amenities. Thank you for taking the time to mention and highlight your experience with the staff of Homewood Suites. It really means a lot to all of us and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to the rest of the team. I hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Chicago.

Memphis
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I am staying in Chicago on business and have been since March 2012. We were originally at a different hotel, one I thought was great, until I came to this one. I had gotten very used to the other hotel and was upset when we were being moved here. But as soon as I arrived I knew this hotel was like none of the ones I had stayed in before. The bellmen were awesome. I was greeted by Amer and Noah who were second to none. I can count on Amer every morning hailing a cab for me and he always makes the day seem special as he tells the driver to take care of his friends and to drive safely.The service here is second to none. Thanks Amer for always starting the day off on a pleasent note. The entire staff at this hotel make this hotel a great place to stay and one you will always want to return to. The food is excellent. Makes travelling a real pleasure. Thanks to you all for a special home away from home experience.

Room Tip: Close to almost everything. Kid friendly. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Food is great. Excellen...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda G
Linda,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and that you felt that you were home away from home. Amer and Noah are two of our best team members; thank you for taking the time to mention them. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Amer, Noah, and the rest of the team here at Homewood Suites. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed 1 June 2012

My family recently stayed at this hotel for one week in Chicago. The hotel is a wonderful value. It is in a good location with cost effective pricing. The meals for breakfast and dinner were a nice addition for families on budgets. The staff was very courteous.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
ScribFam,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to see that you regularly enjoy your experience with us and that the location of the hotel is very convenient for you while visiting Downtown Chicago. Thank you for your patience while waiting for your car at valet during the very busy morning period. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Chicago.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Connie Wilson is a wonderful ambassador for this hotel
Perfect location and great for families

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your review. I will pass along your compliments to Connie and the rest of the team here at Homewood Suites. I hope to see you again the next time you visit Chicago.

Marshall, MIchigan
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This all-suite hotel was a lifesaver for our family! We loved the weeknight food and drinks, and breakfast was well-stocked (and busy) each morning. The staff operate with great efficiency, though they did not strike me as the warmest or most welcoming. But that is a minor point - as the hotel is clean, professional and in the perfect location. We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ChristiB50
ChristiB50,

Thank you for your review. I was pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed all the amenities the hotel has to offer and had a great experience. I look forward to seeing you all again the next time you visit Chicago.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I've been flying in and out of Chicago for business for the last few months. The energy at the Homewood Suites makes me feel very relaxed and comfortable. The staff is excellent. Every morning, Amer and the team of friendly porters greet me with smiles, offer help with my bags, and have cabs ready for me as soon as I walk out the door. Since they are the first group I see when I return every week and the last I see when I leave, its a constant reminder of how welcome I am at the hotel and how valued I am as a customer. The dining staff and the front desk staff, even the maintenance men are also very helpful and friendly and make me feel right at home. The rooms are cozy, and the location is fabulous. I'd recommend Homewood Suites to anyone staying in Chicago for long stays.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Karen S,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Downtown Chicago. I was pleased to see that you always enjoy your experience when staying at our property. It is especially nice to see that you feel right at home. Thank you for your kind words about the helpful and welcoming staff; I will pass along you compliments to the entire team. I hope to see you again the next time you are in Chicago.