Lowest prices for your stay
US$269
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
US$221
View deal
Hotels.comUS$269
PricelineUS$269
travelup.comUS$290
1,350 results
All reviews free prosecco the theater district social hour rooms are small wine hour beautiful hotel every evening thin walls bed was comfortable front desk staff blue line lobby bar business trip millennium park king suite location was perfect michigan ave
Selected filters
Reviewed December 26, 2016 via mobile

I took my teenage boys to Chicago for the first time. Not knowing anything about the city, everyone at the hotel was so helpful. Mostly Chuck the doorman! He suggested several ideas and places for us which saved us a lot of money.

It was a short trip so I am planning another time to visit. I will stay at the hotel always and suggest it to anyone going to Chicago.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Amber B, Guest Experience Manager at The Allegro Royal Sonesta Hotel Chicago Loop, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2017

Thanks for the great review Cathy! We're happy to see you and your sons enjoyed your first visit to Chicago and our team helped make it a success. I'll be sure to pass along your accolades to Chuck and the team! Come back soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2016

Would definitely stay here again. Great location, friendly staff, amazingly comfortable beds! Some have commented that the rooms are small, but my husband and I actually felt that the room size was larger than others in the Chicago area. We were not uncomfortable by any means.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for the amazing review Nicole! I'm happy to see you and your husband enjoyed your time with us from start to finish and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 22, 2016

We were delighted with our stay at the Allegro. It's a fantastic location, right next door to the Cadillac Theater. Kimpton did a wonderful job turning this older building into a charming hotel. The lobby has a retro, cool feel to all of the furnishings, artwork, and light fixtures. There's a 5 p.m. reception every evening in the lobby, and you kind of just want to spend time in this lovely setting. The rooms were also beautiful - everything is updated, but keeping some details of the original building. The complimentary wine/cocktail reception in the evening, and coffee/tea/hot chocolate in the morning were very nice touches. I really like Kimpton hotels.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

What a wonderful review! We're charmed to see you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the art deco elements we brought into our design! Did you know the light fixtures in the lobby are original to the building from when we were The Bismarck Hotel? Thanks again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed December 21, 2016

I stayed at the Hotel Allegro recently, attending a wedding, and I had never stayed there previously. The lobby of the hotel produces the initial impression, and it is one of European ambiance and elegance. Front desk management was outstanding and friendly, taking the guest from frenziness to a feeling of warmth and relaxation.

Because I was attending a wedding, I was able to see more rooms/ spaces than I normally might. All of them were excellent; the room where the wedding itself took place had real charm- quite spacious for seating and an excellent dance floor. The wedding planners were attendant to our every need, and quite thoughtful of the mechanics. The room was breath taking with the large palladium windows, and the "El " trains passing by periodically. ( and with the snow fall in the background it had fairytale like qualities. )

The size of the rooms was perhaps slightly more European in dimension, and yet everything anyone would need was present- I even found a hair drier I needed, spilling something on myself, of course!

We had elderly people with walkers and wheelchairs attending the wedding; I thought the hotel's services in their behalf was outstanding.

Checkout was quite simple.

In my mind, this hotel is located more toward the western side of the " loop" area, for geographical reference. I would easily stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I loaded up our 2 dogs for Chicago. Spent 2 nights there, front desk staff loved playing with our dogs. On the morning we were leaving our brand new vehicle had a mechanical issue and the valets were very helpful in any way they could be. Room was smaller but with the friendliness of the staff I would return.

Date of stay: December 2016

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel! We loved having you guys and your dogs and we look forward seeing you again in the future!