1,585 results
All reviews drawing room afternoon tea lough rynn dining room sorbet out of this world grounds are beautiful treated like royalty top class a real treat special occasion friends wedding changing rooms night break thermal suite beautiful room wedding reception
Reviewed November 7, 2016

My husband and I stayed two nights and were very satisfied with our accommodations. It is a rather remote location however very scenic. Situated near a small lake with several walking paths. Parking right outside of the castle. Room was spacious with fridge, coffee maker, large bathroom with both tub and nice shower and even a magnifying mirror. On site is a fancy restaurant ..(we did not dine there) along with two bars with one serving food. Nice atmosphere, good service and reasonable prices. Very nice pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MargaretShanghai
Reviewed November 6, 2016

I went to Kilronan Castle Hotel for Sunday lunch today with my husband to use a voucher we had received as a Christmas present last year from our daughter. I had telephoned to book a table for 2.30. We arrived just after 2 and were told we could proceed to our table if we wished. We were shown to a nice table by the window with a lovely view. We ordered some water and placed our orders. Eventually thirty five minutes later our starters arrived. My duck dish was delicious and my husbands soup was equally nice.
Main courses followed swiftly. My husband had ordered fish which was very good and perfectly cooked. I ordered 12 hour slow roasted sirloin beef which came as a thick slice of rare beef. It was undercooked and very tough, very difficult to cut and very hard to chew. I have never complained about a meal in life but this just was so bad I felt I had to bring it to the notice of the manager. We requested to speak to the manager who arrived and told us the beef was cooked medium rare.....so much for 12 hour roasting....must have been with a match!!! Complaint to manager and person we paid at till on the way out was treated with indifference. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone for Sunday lunch.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anne D
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

'No Bother at All'
This was the standard response from every member of staff we met on a recent break to Kilronan Castle.
Everything was tailored to the guest and everyone went the extra mile.
The setting is wonderful, turn a corner to a lighted night sky , the facilities are class and the food superb.
We ate in the Bar, the Drawing room and the Douglas Hyde Restaurant . Different menu , same quality and attention to detail.
The Spa was an integral part of the fairytale - just perfect
Waking by the lakeside in the rain was even enjoyable.
It's lovely when you can see the pride people have in their workplace , shown clearly by the gentleman in the Leisure centre who delivered a fun fitness session and then took the time to show us pictures of the castle before restoration and the journey of recent years .
Well done everyone

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Claver C
Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

The friendly staff greeted us as we entered and made sure we ate prior to checking in as the restaurant was closing. The entire staff was friendly and the castle is gorgeous! The downstairs bar, spa and restaurant made our trip even more delightful. We will make this castle a stay every Ireland trip! Thank you so much!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Perlat9
Reviewed November 1, 2016

Beautiful hotel, very friendly, helpful staff! Dinner in Restaurant was first class, attentive and friendly waiting staff! Thermal Spa was exceptional! Will definitely return! Beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple