“Hotel offers a lot”

Days Inn Collinsville
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed here during a Robot Competition in St. Louis. It took us only 15 minutes to get to downtown St. Louis - very convenient! The hotel has a nice pool, whirlpool, weight room, pool table, arcade, and more in their atrium. The room was clean and comfortable. You can chose to have the fan running continuously and still set it to any temperature you want. I loved all the pillows on the bed!! The free breakfast was awesome - blueberry waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal, breads, yogurt = yummy! Staff was friendly and helpful.

The cons were 1) the bed size - it was a Full and we are used to a Queen at home. 2) All the rooms open to the large atrium. We did not experience any real problems with noise because we kept the fan running and there weren't many people up late, but there is potential for lots of noise as we could hear talking through our closed door earlier in the evening. Someone flushing the toilet in the next room sounded like they were in our room. We could hear footsteps above us. 3) the spot light on the hotel came right into our window. The second night we were there, we moved chairs and suitcases to flatten the curtain against the wall. We also put a towel at the bottom of the door.

Would we stay here again? Probably. It is not an expensive hotel and you get a lot for your money!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank JuwelAnn

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed here 1 night on May 4th, and was very pleased with our large king room, which was clean and comfortable. The only negative was the stale room air, but I carry febreze and zapped it. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Air conditioner worked great, and the fan stayed on, which always helps with Motel noise. Breakfast was good, with fresh waffles, pastries, muffins, cereals, juice and coffee.
We will stay again.

Room Tip: I always request top floor because it is quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank motraveler50
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Went to SL to celebrate a friend's birthday and I didn't want to spend a lot of money. This was perfect. It's very close to downtown St Louis and Collinsville had plenty of places to eat. There were even shops open late (after 5pm) so I wandered around a little bit. Felt very safe in the neighborhood. Right off the highway so easy to get around.
Hotel was nice, nothing fancy. But I didn't need fancy. The people at the front desk were very friendly. It wasn't noisy. It was clean. I was thrilled and I'll stay here again.

Room Tip: I think I actually booked my room through an Illinois hotel website and it was a little cheaper than...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
2  Thank pttraveller45
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here for two nights (March 23-24 of 2012) for my sisters wedding. The property was clean both inside and out. The room (214) was clean and very spacious, the Air conditioning worked great and there was a dorm sized refrigerator and coffee maker that both worked as they should. We had a non-smoking room and there was not a single hint that anyone had ever smoked in our room, and as a long time non-smoker, I WOULD NOTICE!

The only problem that I ran into was that the toilet seat to water line distance was VERY shallow and when I sat down I would always "dip" the water, the men will know what I mean! I'm wondering if this is because we were in an accessible room? Also, the beds were about 3-feet off the ground and somewhat on the hard/firm side.

There was an Iron and Ironing board in the room along with a hair dryer for the ladies, and the sink and mirror (make-up area?) is outside the bathroom.

The Continental Breakfast consisted of a number of cereals such as cocoa puffs, fruit loops and the like, breads, muffins, danish, make your own waffles, apples, oranges, coffee (both ethyl and decaf), milk, apple and orange juice, instant oat meal. There were no eggs or meats.

The swimming pool is rather on the small side as it is about the size of three 6-person hot tubs with the shallow end being 3 feet deep and the deep end being 4 feet deep. I had intended to use the pool during my stay but my future brother-in-law had a list of last minute chores for me to do that kept me from the pool. During my stay I had seen the pool being used only once by a man who was using it for low impact exercise.

There are numerous eateries and fast food restaurants within walking distance, such as White Castle, Bob Evans, Arby's, Denny's, Burger King and there is also a great Italian restaurant directly across the street (but I forgot the name of it). There is also a gas station (Moto Mart) within walking distance that has a convenience store and lottery.

Check-in and check-out was a breeze and both Sunny (Sneha) and Kerrol (the elderly gent) were very professional, social and at times funny.

The public areas of the hotel were kept clean by a very attentive cleaning crew who are also very personable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank NoGvmnt
Reviewed 27 October 2011

There wasn't anything WRONG with the hotel, per se. In the past, I've stayed at the Super 8, and I think I'll be going back there for the next Archon instead of the Days Inn. The main issue was really that there was no quick way to get there from the convention center on foot. We had to take the road because the field was full of burs that got all over our clothing and hurt.

The breakfast was small. The pool was hardly even a pool (really, a large hot tub that wasn't hot). The rooms were small. Ours smelled a little, and the air conditioner got way too cold even if it was on low.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2011

A group of us stayed in this hotel the night of wedding reception near the hotel. We were all satisfied. Hotel is still wallpapering the walls of their hallways, but room were Excellent.. Very quiet. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was very good and displayed well. Good job by all and will stay again!!

Room Tip: Also, Great restaurant very near - Ravanelli's - Great Italian food and the best fried Chicken e...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank rose t
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed her over last weekend when we took a trip with the kids to see the sights in St Louis. I picked this hotel because it had an indoor pool, which is a feature that all my children love, and it was definetly worth it. I asked for a room on the ground floor, close to the pool, and it worked out perfectly. We were three doors down. We got into the room, and it was clean, but smelled kind of musty. We opened the window and the smell went away, definetly not a deal breaker. The continental breakfast was good, with the added bonus of a belgian waffle maker. Very fun for the kids. The front desk staff was very accommadating, she even let me get some juice to fill my youngest's sippy cup at bedtime. The location is great, there are lots of restaurants all around, and a Wal-greens if you forgot anything. Not to mention you are a short drive to all that St louis has to offer, without the huge downtown hotel price. Our room had a fridge and a microwave and a coffee pot. The price was great too, all in all it was a great hotel for a short weekend.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family