“Sunday Go Bears buffet!”

Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Chuck's Southern Comforts Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Darien
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cass Ave & Iroquois Street
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

Great Pulled pork sandwich w/ 2 sides. Yum! Great Brunswick stew I had and mashed potatoes were great, creamy and definitely homemade with sage gravy.
On special was a blackened chicken vodka sauce pene pasta dish $15, very good, large portion as well. The lemon shake up was 32ounces! Very tasty! Add $4 to make it an adult beverage.
Outdoor seating availability bases on weather/summer months. Easy drop off in front parking that's covered, open lot. No valet.
More bar/beer choices and always a special. A must visit place.
Homemade meals, all fresh ingredients. Excellent cook and staff. Will return!

Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

A great place to get together for lunch with friends in a casual environment. Overwhelming selection of beers and a broad tasty menu. I highly recommend the crawfish Etouffee. I added grilled shrimp to mine. We started the meal with a BBQ nacho platter which was more than enough for our party of 4. We had a great waiter who guided us through the beer menu with samplers when asked. Service was very good during our extended get together. The restaurant and bar areas are large and could test the service of the wait staff when crowded. Only speculating. We will return. So many beers to try, so many food choices to try and we didn't even get to the dessert menu yet. Too full.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

I highly recommend Chuck's for some Cajun food and a great selection of beers on tap!
The paste 'magnifique' was excellent and the Etouffee with shrimp was also great. They serve a beignet breaklfast the first Saturday of each month and we were able to get an order of beignets to go after our lunch. They also server oysters on the half shell - but they only had blue point when we visited, but they were fresh!

1  Thank James C
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

I’ve been going to Chuck’s for at least a solid 4 years and I love it. Great atmosphere and I love watching the Bears, Cubs, Bulls, White Sox, Fire, and Blackhawks.

Reviewed September 30, 2017

Wanting a real midwest meal, we stopped here for breakfast on our way from Chicago to Jeff City. My husband went for the real deal, complete with biscuits and gravy; I ordered an omelette

We got way more food than we could eat. The hash browns were out of this world, the sausage and bacon were great, the omelette was pretty good (though I think it was not real cheese), and the biscuits were nothing to write home about.