“Best Cheeseburger in Decatur”
Review of Krekel's

Krekel's
Ranked #1 of 177 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 25, 2016

There have been Krekel's in Decatur for as long as I can remember. When I was in junior high in late 60's we would run down to Krekels and for a dollar you could get a double cheeseburger, fries, and a drink. I think there are 4 Krekels in Decatur, 1 in Mt Zion, and they have them in Springfield. They have absolutely the best burgers. They also have a high quality custard and their shakes are to die for. You want a burger and a shake go to Krekels for the best in town.

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

Krekel's is always a favorite with my family. Always hot and fresh. Best burgers in central Illinois! Good ice cream too :)

Reviewed June 25, 2016 via mobile

We had double cheeseburgers fries, one strawberry shake and one Oreo custard. Everything was awesome. Restaurant was very clean. Located at Woodford and Mound.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

Krekel's is a Decatur, IL icon! Everyone I know who comes back for a visit has to get a burger here! The best made to order double cheese burger you will ever eat!

Reviewed June 23, 2016

All in the Decatur area are familiar with the several Krekel's locations. I frequent this one as the closest to my home. It does not offer indoor seating, but does give prompt service. I often pick a burger and shake to eat while driving elsewhere or to take back home.