“Above avreage local joint”
Review of Benny's

Benny's
Ranked #13 of 177 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 23, 2016

Stopped for lunch while out on the motorcycle. I was hungry and thirsty. I sat at the bar and drank my ice tea. I ordered the Benny's burger with a Kaiser roll and fries. The burger was great. Made with quality meat and cooked exactly as I requested. That is enough for me to come back. The fresh cut fries could of used some help. They either sat to long from being cut or the oil wasn't hot enough. Tasted like more oil that potato. Very nice place, worth a stop. The bartender was very proud of Benny's and the service was not perfect as she brought my food and my glass was empty. It did not get filled for another ten minutes. The effort was there and I believe most experiences are better than mine. I still think it's worth a stop.

Reviewed December 16, 2015

Great and packed place for lunch and no delays at all. Food was outstanding and the beer was ice cold. The waitress was a hoot and very friendly.

Reviewed December 11, 2015

This place is very popular with the locals. It's a typical casual restaurant pub. They do have a full menu with lots of choices but they specialize in various burger meals. Even though they were very busy the service was excellent. Prices are about average.

Reviewed December 8, 2015 via mobile

I have been to Benny's a couple of times now, and would recommend this if you like the old syle supper club experience. While not that old, I enjoyed the comfortable atmosphere and friendly service. They have baked rosemary chicken dinners on Sunday. I have had that twice and enjoyed it both times.

Nothing fancy, just good comfortable food and service. I try to stop there every time I find myself in Decatur.

Reviewed October 20, 2015

If I could give this restaurant a zero, I would. My husband looked at the reviews and chose Benny's for our couples dinner with friends. We as a group have driven 2 hours to go to a restaurant so we found Benny's very disappointing. The menu was typical of a variety of American cuisine with steaks, pasta, and seafood. Two of us had the chicken breasts and portabella dinner with a baked potato and vegetable. The chicken breast was not really breast but a sandwich white piece of chicken which was dry and cold with a sauce of congealed cheese and slices of portabella mushrooms, the green beans were wilted and looked to be old, the baked potato was burned on the outside and cold in the center. My husband had the cod dinner and looked good when brought to the table but found it tasteless. One had the teriyaki stir fry which had too much teriyaki sauce which was overly sweet. One had the fettucine alfredo with chicken slices which needed at the least, more salt and pepper. And the last dinner was the salmon which was just okay. Thank goodness they serve popcorn when you arrive (which was overly salted) as a filler. The best thing was our server who was attentive and nice to work with for our dinner. We will not be returning.