“Tucked away in Deerfield, IL.”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Deerfield
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here for two nights recently on business. It has recently been redone and the room was very nice. The kitchen is well equipped, the staff was great, the breakfast was good and had lots of choices. It is in an office park - near Northbrook Court shopping center and well located for doing business in that area, but quiet because it is not right on Lake Cook Rd. or Waukegan Ave. The Bulls practice facility is just next door, so you may see a basketball pro!

Room Tip: I asked for a second floor room because I don't like to hear people walking around above me. Th...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Shane E, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking notice on our recent renovation. We are extremely proud of the changes that were made. I feel as if Marriott did an amazing job taking into consideration everything that our guests were telling us and really queing in on making it an overall better experience.

Thanks again for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review.

Go Bulls!!!

Reviewed 3 April 2012

I highly recommend staying at the Residence Inn Deerfield, IL when visiting the Chicago area. My husband, our 3 children and I spent our Spring Break Vacation at the Residence Inn. It was perfect!! We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite that was immaculate and beautifully decorated. The staff members are friendly and helpful. The food at the breakfast buffet was fabulous. The surrounding area is quiet, very nice and upscale. I am particularly picky about hotels and expect perfection. This hotel exceeded my expectations. If I could, I would rate this as 10 stars.

Room Tip: If traveling with family, I recommend getting a 2 bedroom suite which provides privacy away from the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing us for your family vacation! Its always a pleasure to hear that we exceeded our guests expectations. We pride ourselves on our customer service and with your trip it seems that we delivered exactly what you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to write about your trip and please consider us again the next time you are in the Chicago area!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

The Residence Inn chain is especially useful if you're traveling with folks who want, or need, their privacy. In our case, we were able to give our brother-in-law his own bedroom (and bath) while my wife and I took the master BR.

We've stayed at similar Res Inn locations before, and this one did not disappoint. In fact, the breakfast selections (turkey canadian bacon, potato pancakes, sausage hash) were much better than our prior experiences.

Yes, it's a tad off the highway, and rather difficult to find (largely due to local zoning regs which prohibit large signs to assist in direction). Admittedly, however, we were arriving late at night. The pocket location in a corporate park also confused our GPS. So, be prepared to do some searching to find the actual spot. But that's not their fault.

The condo style layout gives added quiet and privacy. Moreover, the master bedroom had only a small window off on the corner--which meant the room was really dark once we turned in for the evening.

One other point: we'd made this reservation a couple months in advance. A week beforehand we found a lower rate--saving us $30 on the room. And we stayed only one night. So, you may want to go back and revisit your reservation (if you made it well in advance as we did) just in case.

Room Tip: Print out a map or directions if you're arriving at night.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel.The Residence Inn Brand is fantastic for our guests that enjoy that extra space. Our rooms are typically have 50% more space than other hotel rooms. We are also glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. Marriott has done a great job to make sure that we have variety as well as good health options for our guests.

I do want to apologize for the hotel being difficult to find, as we know that this can be discouraging. The one advantage we do have of being tucked away is our privacy and quiet environment we can provide for our guests.

Thank you for taking the time to let everyone know how your trip went. It is guests like you that make it a privelage to work for Marriott and I hope that we continue to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This Res Inn design is the original when the brand was launched...reminds one of a small apartment complex. All entries are outside, and anything on the second floor is steps - no elevator. Overall I like this lay-out - but when it is cold/windy/rainy you pay a price. With no elevators encourages one to pack lightly....but a very nice maintenance man saw me coming and was kind enough to carry mine up the stairs.

And a very nice surprise when he opened the door! Unlike the outside, completely remodeled interior- new furniture, drapes, carpet, in the living room....including a recliner! Baths were updated with granite countertops and new vanities and mirrors. The (full) kitchen includes a full size stove/oven and refigerator, granite countertops, and new dishes and cooking utensils. A very decorative table with 4 chairs. All in all, a very attractive, high end upgrade.

All of these older lay-outs are spacious - living area, full bath, and bedroom on first floor, loft bedroom and full bath on 2nd floor. No doors block the upstairs, it is a true loft - but there are doors on the downstairs bedroom. One thermostat.

I cannot comment on food, as it just worked out I was not there when meals were served, nor did I use the gym. Maid service was great, suite was spotless every day.

Grocery store almost in walking distance, lots of other retail close by - all price ranges. Many restaurants also close - all prices and cuisines.

Great plus - a fireplace in all the 2 bedrooms, super nice on a snowy Chicago evening (even if a little pricey!)

Room Tip: If you have lots/heavy luggage, make sure you get a first floor room. A center facing room is the mo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sophiegirl04
KarolinaSkrodziuk, General Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. Myself and my staff are very excited and proud of our newly renovated Residence Inn! It is also always such a plus when we hear great feedback in regards to our staff. I am extremely humbled to have such an amazing team.

We hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you are in the Chicago Deerfield area for your lodging needs. Thanks again!

Reviewed 21 January 2012

This place is kind of hidden, it within a corporate center, which may explain why the Complex of the hotel is apartment style.

Every year, my family stays at this hotel when we visit our relatives during Christmas. Every room was recently redone and is much nicer than years pervious. Instead of having a bubble screen TV, there is now an LG flatscreen TV.

As for the sleep quality, firm beds, very comfortable, and very nice pillows. The bathroom has your basic amenities and average water pressure. Also, when we first go to our room, we were greeted with a box of chocolates. They have a VERY wide breakfast choice, so there is something for every kind of eater, whether you are picky or will eat anything.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our Residence Inn. Its always a pleasure to hear from our returning guests!

Thank you for also taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we take into consideration everything we can to make our guest's stays more enjoyable the next time. I agree that we may be a little difficult to find being located back in the corporate center but it does set up for an enjoyable quiet stay.

I am glad that you enjoyed our holiday greeting chocolates as well! Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you and your family during the next holiday season!

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed here for a high school debate tournament and found the extra space typical of a residence inn wonderful. Great hot breakfasts, very helpful staff and a residence inn in fairly good repair, unlike several older properties I have stayed in over the last year or so. Although it is close to a shopping mall, other affordable food options close by are minimal - but this is more a function of the Deerfield area than of the property itself.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2011

A nice older builder, located in the burbs of Chicago. Rooms where clean but not always refiiled everyday my the maids. had to call two days for items.

Good breakfasts evey morning

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Itravelalot2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deerfield
2.0 km away
2.4 km away
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
Hyatt Regency Deerfield
#2 of 6 in Deerfield

Been to Residence Inn Chicago Deerfield? Share your experiences!