“Good food”

Silver Stallion Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 194 Restaurants in Des Plaines
Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

I was spending the night nearby and did not want to get in the car and fight more traffic, so, since this was within walking distance, I decided to give it a go.

Seems to be mostly a Greek restaurant since the proprietor was speaking what sounded like Greek to me, but they do have other types of food also

I will start off by saying that the waitress was not the most jovial of people. Even though I tend to be put off by the over enthusiastic type, so was a little the other way. Maybe just a bad day.

Even though this appeared to be a Greek entity, they did have other offerings. My wife and I both ordered Italian. I had spaghetti, and she had something I cannot pronounce. And by golly, when the waitress (server) brought our plates, we both could have easily split one. Very large servings. And very good also. The prices were reasonable also. Under $10 each.

If I lived in the area, I would definately return.

By the way, it is a "pay at the counter" place.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

Great place for couples, families, or large groups (private rooms)! Everything on the menu from breakfast to dinner and very good reasonable prices! May of the wait staff has have been there for years and are always friendly and courteous! Quick service or dine at your leisure! Reservations for private room usually.

Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Had a fantastic breakfast. The ham off the bone was the best I have had. The service was friendly and fun. We highly recommend this place.

Reviewed July 28, 2016

This was recommended by the hotel clerk.
Service was excellent
Food was excellent
What more can i say. We loved it.

1  Thank Nampa_IdahoMotts71
Reviewed March 30, 2016

One of the previous reviewers has said "Bland surroundings". Yes, I agree if you are comparing it to the Bellagio Cafe in Vegas - no water fountains and no floral extravaganza! But a very clean and friendly neighborhood restaurant. I've eaten there about 6 times in the last year. Never disappointed! Great salads, always wonderful luncheon and dinner specials. The menu has many choices for all types of special creations to include great tilapia and salmon offerings. The portions are mostly XL large! Simply put -- great food at a very reasonable price. They've been in business at this location for many years..... for good reasons!

1  Thank JayD13