“Not your finest, or even your finer” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn O'Hare

Comfort Inn O'Hare
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Des Plaines
Sterling, Ak
“Not your finest, or even your finer”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Our first clue that this was a run down hotel was that the airport shuttle van showed up sputtering & obviously needed some engine work, it was pretty rusty & the Comfort Inn decale was dingy & faded. The hotel itself was visually clean but had a dingy feel that left you feeling that it was dirty. The desk clerk was a bit sullen. Our room was big but quit dingy & outdated. It could have had more furniture to fill the space. That would have left it feeling more homey. As it was is felt sparse and thread bare. The bed was fairly comfortable so it wasn't a total loss but we should have paid more for a closer fresher room.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed at this motel in jan-2012..worth of money I paid for the room..nice clean room, big breakfast area,professional staff,good shuttle service,nice looking front desk area,looks recently upgraded rooms....over all AAA..for the service I got..

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank ALEX P
Moorpark, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

The hotel is a 15-20 minute shuttle ride from O'Hare. Shuttles run every half hour (at :10 and :40 as of this writing.) The shuttle driver may tell you otherwise, so be sure to check with the front desk.

The lobby is airy, bright and upscale-looking. That impression stops at the lobby. I found my room dingy and shabby-looking. The heating system was noisy, insisting on turning itself on periodically even when I'd turned it off trying to sleep. I could also hear the shower from the room above me. Internet was good. The bathroom had a decent-sized vanity area and a separate toilet and shower. Toiletries included shampoo, conditioner, and bar soap (which crumbled in my hand.)

Coffee is available round the clock and there is a breakfast service in the morning. When I arrived late in the evening, the only dinner option was Italian delivery.

The desk clerk who checked me in told me she was reserving the shuttle for me for a specific time. The next morning I discovered that she had not, and was told that this is not an unusual occurrence. Another passenger had only been told that the shuttle left every half hour, and not given the specific times. If you're catching a flight, double-check on the shuttle or you may be stranded.

If all you need is a cheap place to sleep, this will do. If you would like more, look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Des Plaines hotels

Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

The room was comfortable and clean. However, the walls are very thin and don't block sound at all. I could hear the TV playing clearly in the adjacent room and conversation most of the night.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

Functional, no-frills hotel convenient to the airport.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

My wife and I stayed overnight prior to our flight out. The staff was quite friendly and room very adequate for a rest prior to a long flight. The room was clean and quiet. We were directed to Anthony's Restaurant directly beside the Comfort Innto eat dinner. We were quite happy with the inexpensive menu, fast service and great food. A airport shuttle is available, but we did not take advantage of it. We would definitely use this Inn again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ilash63
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

I recently arrived to Chicago as a connecting flight, it was me, my six children, my sister in law, and her three children, as well as my other sister in law and her child, that’s 13 (14 if you count my pregnancy) people on a trip home to the USA. Through no fault of my own I was randomly selected and my passport was held, my party obviously waited for me, by the time the mix up was cleared up my flight had taken off and there were no other flights till the next day.

The airline in there infinite wisdom decided to give 13 (or 14) people just two rooms with only 4 beds between them for our entire party, one of my sister in laws called her brother to sleep there, leaving 9 of us to split 2 rooms at the Comfort inn, (2175 E. Touhy Ave. Des Plaines, IL, US, 60018 on 11/5/2011-11/6/2011), the next day when we had to get our flight, the Comfort inn employees and there manager refused to send anyone to help with our nearly 30 bags, leaving a pregnant woman and her sister in law to carry them, if I remember correctly when I told the manager I needed help with my bags and that I was pregnant his response was “SO WHAT!”, and unless “SO WHAT!” is the Comforts Inn’s idea of satisfaction, then id say that this location didn’t get the memo on Comfort inn’s commitment to satisfaction on there website (When you choose to stay at a Comfort Inn® hotel, we are committed to making you feel welcome. If you're not satisfied with our accommodations or service, please let the front desk know without delay so we can make it right.). I’m sure that choice hotels, (and there CEO Stephen P. Joyce) and O’hare International Airport (which is owned by the City of Chicago) had no idea that they were doing business with such a discourteous branch of Comfort Inn.

This is by far the worst customer service experience I have ever had. It is inhuman, rude, and just wrong to treat people like this. I request the manager on duty on the morning of 11/6/2011 to be terminated immediately he gives your hotel a BAD NAME, he does not represent anything your hotel is about. I have stayed at comforts inn on numerous occasions, and have always been treated with the best customer service. This manager is not Comfort Inn material, and no airline should do business with a hotel run by such a manager.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1.8 km away
BEST WESTERN at O'Hare
BEST WESTERN at O'Hare
#18 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Comfort Inn O'Hare? Share your experiences!