“Awesome food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

I chose to come here this evening after work, not really sure about the place since I had never been here. I looked at the other reviews and everything seemed positive, and after having my meal, I can tell you that I am very pleased for coming here. I had the deluxe sashimi, and I believe it had more on the plate than any other sushi restaurant I had ever gone to. The quality and presentation was incredible.

Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

I was surprised to find such authentic japanese food in this area. We had appetizers, sashimi plate and an udon dish. Everything was super fresh and extremely delicious. I can really recommend this Place!!!!

Reviewed March 7, 2016

I used to go here all the time when they originally opened around 15 years ago, but since I changed jobs I haven't been back here since probably 2008. It was nice to go back and to see that the restaurant has had a complete makeover! Very modern, very welcoming, lovely décor. To go along with the remodel, the menu has had some significant upgrades since many years ago, but I was pleasantly surprised to see some of my favorites still on the menu that you never see at other sushi bars (the dynamite and the scorpion roll). But their specialty rolls really set this place apart! One of the ones we had was the "Hot Sexy Mama" with a description that says "Its on fire!" I assumed that meant it was spicy, but I was quite surprised when it was brought to our table wrapped in tin foil, and then lit on fire! The end result was a roll like no other (and in a great way) - tasting very fresh, but having the flavor of just coming off of a grill. All I can say it was incredible! My only complaint was that the service was a little off - we had a small table, and each roll came on a separate very large plate, making it hard to fit all the plates on the table; and it took a while to get refills on our drinks. But the variety of specialty rolls made it entirely worth the trip.

Reviewed September 16, 2015

I have dined here many times over the years, about 4-6 times a year. The quality and ambiance continues to grow. They also have private side dining rooms, great for a party or meeting. Never had a bad meal, friendly staff, talented sushi chefs. Sushi is always a bit on the expensive side, but the value is very good. I continue to go back as I have never been disappointed, location and parking is good. Kyoto is a solid choice.

Wish they still served hot towels.

1  Thank R Bruce D
Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I went in on a whim after looking at bathroom fixtures at a place next door. We have been coming back ever since. Great food, super presentation and nice staff. And the prices ain't too bad either. We think the best sushi in DuPage Co.