“Lovely atmosphere, great food!”

Parkers' Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Parkers' Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 184 Restaurants in Downers Grove
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highland Avenue
Description: Parkers' Restaurant & Bar is a chef-driven, full service, contemporary American restaurant and bar serving lunch, dinner, and private functions. The restaurant features fresh fish and seafood along with high quality meat and pasta preparations. The restaurant is housed in a transformed New England-style building on Highland Avenue at 31st, just north of I88 in Downers Grove, a western suburb of Chicago. The ambiance is casual-upscale with a mosaic tiled, open kitchen adjacent to a 150 seat dining room featuring a polished hardwood decor. The cozy, 50 seat bar and cocktail lounge area features a dramatic, wood vaulted ceiling and live piano entertainment, in the evening.
Reviewed October 18, 2016

I have been to this restaurant several times and each time it was a good experience. The service has always been excellent. We are promptly seated, are servers took our order promptly never hovering. The food arrives hot and presented with an artistic flair. The last time I was there I ordered the beef short rib tacos. The beef was very tender and whatever the sauce was, it added a delicious accent taste. I've also had the crab cake "burger". Also very tasty. Their menu does offer a varied selection of seafood, so if like seafood, you will love this restaurant. While the atmosphere is elegant, we have come here after being with the kids at the park dressed very casually as well as taking my mom here when she comes from out of town. You will find this is a great local restaurant in an easy to get to location. Their menu is on the pricey side so be prepared.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Parkers' is a nice place to go for Seafood and steak. It's a nice place to go for business, or for a family get together for a special occasion or even a couples night out.

Reviewed October 11, 2016

Good, but not great food. Great service. The lobster mac and cheese is the best. They overcharge, especially on liquor, extravagantly, and have gutted their beer selection which was one of their best features. It is obvious that whoever orders it either has the palate of a 12 year old, or just doesn't drink beer. For a special birthday, etc., it would be fine. Otherwise it is a rip off.

Reviewed October 2, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went for an anniversary dinner. We had 730 reservations, but when arrived they appeared busy. We just stood and waited. Never complained about the wait verbally (hope our faces did not look upset haha). We were finally sat a few minutes before 8. Immediately after sitting the manger or owner (not sure who he was, but dressed very nicely) and said they were going to give us a complementary app for our wait. We also ordered another app (to try) and the manager came back over and comped that app too. Very appreciative and completely unexpected.
Food we had was fantastic. Had the bruschetta and lobster fritter for app. Bruschetta was so fresh! My husband ordered a steak that was cooked perfectly. I ordered (can't remember the name) it's like a seafood soup/stew that was also excellent. Huge portion. My husband shared it with me!
It was a little loud last night, but it could have just been the people around us.
Overall great experience and would definitely return

Reviewed September 28, 2016

First trip to Parker's and I must say our group left quite impressed. We got there a little before 11:30 opening but they let us in and seated us anyway. Our server was right there asking for drink orders and telling us the daily specials. The soup of the day (creamy chicken with wild rice) was excellent and the lobster and shrimp fritters we shared on the table were outstanding (please order these, they won't disappoint). Great service, nice wine list, entrees were plenty big, served hot, and none of us finished our plates. I hear their wood oven pizzas are outstanding too. I guess I will have to try one of those next time!!!