All reviews french doors indoor outdoor pool pocket door cardio equipment living room nice buffet business trip bed was very comfortable booked rooms off the highway nice size very nice hotel comfortable stay business hotel breakfast buffet front desk staff sitting area
Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is just lacking in so much I don’t know where to start. It’s going to sound picky, but these things stood out to me, and if you’re choosing between hotels, it might make a difference.

The positives: There is an indoor pool and workout room - which got high marks. We appreciated that the cardio was separated from the rest of the machines. And overall the hotel is clean and recently remodeled. The staff is friendly and when we requested extra pillows they were delivered within 10 minutes. (Thank you)

The Room is a suite with a pull out sofa bed, in a separate room with French doors, which was nice. 2 TVs. Refrigerator and microwave

The negatives:
The Pull out was very uncomfortable (compared to other hotels). Limited towel supply in room and only one bar of soap for both the sink and the shower.

The in-room coffee was lacking - 3 coffee pods but only 2 cups and 2 creamers. This always amazes me. There is no complimentary coffee in the lobby, which I find unacceptable! They do provide it for business travelers Monday thru Friday, so I had to go searching for “take out” coffee at the restaurant, which didn’t open until 7am. There is no Starbucks or anything like it, in walking distance. I’m sorry to sound so picky about coffee but, hey, it’s important to me!!

The bedroom does have a sliding door that led to a little mock balcony. The door only opens about 12 inches, and there was a broken beer bottle out there. Wooden handle on the door was broken.

The lighting in the bathroom is super bright - too bright! And there is only one switch for all the lighting and fan so there was no was to adjust the lighting or turn on only one, dimmer light.

No free waters for SPG. No mini bar. No robes. No slippers. No in-room safe (which I find crazy being outside of Chicago!)
There are not enough outlets throughout the room, which makes me think this building is pretty old. No lounge for SPG members and in fact, they really don’t do much of anything for SPG members to make you feel special.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
John L, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Thank you so much for staying for us, and for your review. Thank you for sharing the positive comments and also the negative. We will most certainly use your constructive criticism to better out our hotel.

Thank you for your loyalty and for staying with us.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Front desk manager Eric Houston was completely uncooperative and lacked even basic knowledge of how federal per diem works in DuPage county. Lifetime Platinum premiere elite status not even acknowledged. HORRIBLE SERVICE@

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
John L, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Barbara

Thank you so much for your loyalty to Marriott and your Lifetime premiere elite status. I have looked in the system and I do not see that you have a reservation or a stay at our hotel. Please if you could help me to better understand the issue I would be very happy to help you.

Thanks

john

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Traveling with our daughter's family (2 toddler grandkids) we asked and were accommodated in connecting rooms. The rooms were very clean, with extremely comfortable beds. A sofa pullout made the room perfect for those travelling with two small children. We found the entire staff to be friendly and very helpful. Our grand kids loved the indoor/outdoor pool. We dined with the kids one night in the hotel's restaurant, and while the staff was very friendly and accommodating the service was a bit slow. Breakfast each morning with a nice buffet offering both cold and hot items.

Room Tip: 7th floor, overlooking front of hotel had very quiet rooms
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2018

Had a chance to stay here both for business and for a large hockey tourney we are involved with every year. this place has very nice rooms and a great meeting space for evening reception and meetings. The hotel staff are very nice, personable and accommodating. had a great conversation with the nice lady who was working the breakfast area, she made my day with a nice friendly conversation.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed July 14, 2018

We checked into this hotel on a Friday night. The hotel is currently being refurbished on the outside, and the interior is clean and very nice. The staff person we checked in with was pleasant and helpful. We were excited about our stay. We had a great night of sleep and thought " yep, Marriott is the way to go". Then Saturday night came. We got to our room around 10:15. The neighbor next door had their music load enough that we could understand the words in our bedroom. We cleaned up, and assumed the noise would shut down at 11. It did not. We called down to the desk and asked for it to stop. It did. There also were still people in the pool at 12am. We were on the pool side of the hotel, so this had woke us up, and that is when we heard the music had started up beside us. j We called down to the desk and were put on hold. I gave up, and went back to bed, and fell asleep after 1 am. This was the worst experience for me at many Marriott stays. It seemed like there were multiple wedding guests staying at this hotel. I would ask before booking.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure multiple wedding parties are not staying.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
John O, Manager at Chicago Marriott Suites Downers Grove, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are very sorry to hear you were near other noisy guests and hope we did our best to keep the noise down. Our pool is open later on the weekends, Sun-Thur 11:00 p.m. and Fri-Sat 12:00 a.m. We hope this does not keep you from visiting us again in the future and perhaps we can look for a quieter room on your next trip!