“Brandi at the front desk has excellent customer service skills”

Super 8 Peoria East
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in East Peoria
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Brandi at the front desk has excellent customer service skills”
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I spoke with her on the phone a few days prior to our arrival to change our room reservation and to book another room. She was very helpful & extremely pleasant on the phone.
The day we arrived, she was working the front desk & was just as pleasant in person. She was able to accomodate our request when I needed to change the additional room from the 2nd floor to the 1st floor!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Sue3321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Coppell, Texas
Reviewed 6 March 2011

Went with my husband and another couple. We each got our own rooms. This was cleaner than another Super 8 we'd stayed in before. Our room was only about $50/night. I thought it was a very good value. Our bed was comfy and our room was spacious. My only complaint is that I would have liked to have had more pillow choices. We had 3 pillows and they were ok, but the ones that are firm, soft, etc would have been a nice touch. We did get a smoking room, so we expected the stale smoke smell, but the odor did almost knock us down when we came in the door! Oh well, at least we got to smoke indoors rather than out in the snow! Once we turned the fan on in the room, it was fine. Overall a great value, clean rooms and a quiet night's sleep. Great location, very close to Par-a-Dice, and a shuttle is provided from Par a Dice as well.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kiwibsr1
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Had a great stay at East Peoria Super 8! Check-in girl was friendly and helpful. I requested a quiet room away from the elevators and ice machine. Great location near Water park, casino, restaurants on the East Peoria riverfront, and downtown Peoria. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank PHX4ME
Chicago area
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I had to stay in Peoria for an event and needed an affordable hotel. This one had pretty good reviews, so I went ahead and booked a room. What a pleasant surprise! Super-clean room, nice (and clean) microwave and refrigerator in the room, almost no noise from traffic despite being right off an exit ramp. Great cable stations, and a super breakfast! I would definitely recommend this hotel to others who are less interested in a fancy name and more interested in value.

• Stayed April 2010
1 Thank Chicagomom5
Ohio
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I thought, given that I was a bit overwhelmed sifting through incomplete reviews of hotels when booking, I owed it to fellow travelers to contribute. I had an overall pleasant experience. Very close to Interstate 74. All internal corridors made a more secure stay, which is important for a single traveler. Staff was very helpful and friendly at both ends of my trip before/after Christmas. Free internet was a plus and worked without a hitch first night. Returning it had glitches (even with tech support) which hindered my checking changing weather patterns and travel departure planning, but staff did what they could for me, even though the lobby computer's browser was also down. Rooms were clean and (mostly) quiet. It's not the fault of the staff, but construction of the building was obviously thin-walled, as one night I could hear every vocalization and snore the man on the opposite side of my bed wall made (a little creepy, but I put on my earphones and got enough sleep to get by). I saw folks with kids, and pets, on both nights of my stay. Yet, I didn't hear either, which means they were all quiet, on different floors, or perhaps some dividers had better sound-proofing. As a pet person, I appreciated that this is a pet-friendly establishment, and (despite having to take smoking rooms reportedly) would consider it for cross-country trips with my own companions. In-room fridges with ice compartments were a big plus for someone who always (even on day trips!) travels with food and ice packs. I only took advantage of the free cable one night, but everything seemed in order. Parking was well lit, ample, and convenient to the entrance. Continental breakfast would be adequate for most travelers with average dietary needs. I took advantage of the ready hot water for my own tea, and the toaster for my own bread products, and these were available at all hours. I didn't avail myself of the laundry facilities, and forgot to ask whether they were free (I thought I saw coin slots) but they were centrally located on the main floor. Elevator assisted with loading/unloading comfortably. Rooms were almost spotless (an occasional oversight here or there but nothing gross). Beds could have been firmer but sufficed. I appreciated the couchette with coffee table or alternately the easy recliner chair with table/lamp provided in the single rooms I had. One thing I'd never seen were the free key-lock small safes in every room. I did try them out for my laptop and wallet when out of the room during my stay. I'd stay there again, as it's close to halfway between my home and relatives'. If Amtrak (or a decent accomodating bus service) ran between our homes, I'd skip the hotel deal altogether. But seeing as it's the U.S., hotels it is. This one was better than ok.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank RatherBeOnTheTrain
St Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 December 2009

The room was clean and overall we were pleased with the experience. This was our first experience to travel with our dog and it went well. The staff were all very nice. This is a nice clean, pet friendly motel for those on a budget.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jamandkam
St. Louis
Reviewed 29 July 2009

All in all, this hotel is alright. It was terribly hard to find because it's just off of a one-way street. The rooms are pretty normal. They're big but lack normal closing closets. The desk in the room was a good size. One big plus was that there was juice and coffee available even at night downstairs.

I don't really expect a huge amount out of a Super 8 besides a comfortable bed, a clean room, and a simple check-in experience.

The best thing about the hotel had to be that I thought I'd locked my keys in the car, and one of the men who worked there helped us for an hour in the snow to try to get the car open. The keys ended up being packed into the bottom of one of our bags (how the HECK did that happen?!), but he was very nice to us. He even let me borrow his coat because we'd come from St. Louis and didn't realize that there would be a freaking snow storm in Peoria (it was about 60 in St. Louis when we left).

The worst thing was that it seemed the entire family of the front desk clerk seemed to be hanging out in the hallway, which was a little unnerving when you walked past. Also, the woman at the desk allowed another guest to haggle price right in front of us, which bothered me because she got a lower price than we did. Oh, well.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1.8 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites East Peoria
1.0 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peoria East

Been to Super 8 Peoria East? Share your experiences!